Friday 13 January 2012

Seeing Red at The Stampman

Evening all!  Finally made it online lol!  I'm cutting it close aren't I!  I've nodded off a couple of times as the bed is soooo warm and my lad has got in making it even more attractive to cuddle up and zone out.  Had to stay awake as I was bidding on something on ebay and wanted to make sure I got it lol!  I don't use fancy bid thingies I like the thrill of the chase :)  Got one of the dance mats for the wii the other day but no game so I was looking at the game for it with an extra mat as Ethan loves playing with me so finally got it yay!

Anyhow over to my challenge for you at The Stampman this fortnight and I have set you a task of using RED, either a little or preferably a lot..

I had a little play around with techniques the other day and used sponges to put fired brick and black soot distress ink onto card then dipped an old toothbrush into bleach then flcked the bristles which is the piece I used at the back.  I used parazone which is a tad harsh lol!

The embossed piece I swiped the inkpads direct to the card, they came out much darker then dried t with a heat gun and used the divine swirls cuttlebug folder and the image is from my new set of stamps which was part of my birthday treat off OH and thats Aspects of Design 60 - Classical Instruments.  I've stamped and embossed with moonglow midnight ruby then using the blending tool added distress ink from the outside inwards and any bits I went over I bleached out.  Its mounted on silver holographic card with some black organza ribbon and sticky gems to finish.

Hope you can come over to the challenge and show me some red!



Here's the backing one I showed other day, ink up your card then dip an old toothbrush in some bleach and pull the bristles back over the card.  You may want to tap off excess bleach first or you get big blobs like this (or you may like that!)  WATCH YOUR CLOTHES!




I'd also like to enter into the following challenges...

Crafty Catz - SOmething new (Stamps)
Gingersnap - Spicy supply challenge - Ribbon
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything goes

12 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Oh this is stunning my nephew would love this and great tip with the inks will have to try. Thanks for sharing at CRAFTY CATZ

nessy said...

oh wow!!! amazing creation ~just stunning!!
vanessa xx

Elaine Stark said...

A great card for a man. Lovely colours and a great tip. Best to cover up with an old shirt, I'm prone to accidents with bleach. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Annette said...

Fab, love the speckled browns. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Vix, I love the way the colours have blended and the bleach technique is definitely one I'm going to try ! Sue C x

carol said...

lovely card, image looks super, thanks for joining in with our SOMETHING NEW challenge at CRAFTY CATZ, good luck x carol

Bettina L. said...

OOOh got to tell you this is really stunning. Gotta love that teqnique you've used with spunges with fired brick and black soot. Love the effect. Great tip as well. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow this is stunning, luv ya back ground paper, fab guitar image, sue,x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card LOVE the technique you have used! your paper looks AWESOME! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Don't forget the challenges are Now fortnightly and you can enter 3 times each Challenge too! :0)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Vix
A gorgeous card love the image,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Caroljenks said...

What a fantastic card - that image is gorgeous!
Great Top Tip ref the bleach too (please remember to specify in your post that it's your Top Tip Tuesday Tip) - *years* ago I used to do that with my jeans - but just chuck the bleach over them - used to have to get them in the washing machine then before mum could stop me!!!

Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday and we look forward to seeing you for our next challenge too :)

Carol x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful background and great image.