Monday 16 January 2012

Its all black & white (and a hint of pink)

Evening all!  Gosh I'm struggling tonight!  My mouse has broke and I'm having to use the touchpad aaargh hate hate hate it!  So not used to using it, driving me dilly lol!

Anyway have a new one to share tonight, will try and post up another tutorial tomorrow and start on some Teddy Bo and Magnolias in the week :)

This one is a new image I *had* to have because its got my name (kinda!) all over it!  This one is called FAIRY VIXX haha seriously!  OK not me, t'is the other Vixx!  Its a new company just started called My Crafty Heart and they've named their first set of digis after their design team, sweet!

I wasn't sure what colours to use for this one, I think we all have those days where you rummage through papers and nothing seems to gel until I found the new paper pad I bought over xmas which is just black and white so I went with that theme and decided to keep the colouring light and airy, it also shows you how the tutorial on light clothes transfers, I just added a light pink and rose pink for the shadow bits and used the blender to keep it light.

I know a lot of people struggle with blonde hair, as I've recommended its a case of try it and write down the ones you like.  I can say use this and that or you could go elsewhere and get different colours so write them all down, try them out and tick the ones you like the best :)

This blonde hair combo was satin, pastel yellow and cinnamon so there's another one for your books!


I'd like to enter this into...

Digi makeover challenge - A Fairy nice day
Lexi's - Anything goes
Pan Pastel UK - ANything goes
Sentimental sundays - Ribbon

19 comments:

Enfys said...

She's gorgeous Vix, and I have had a lovely look at all your great tutorials - I have a little book where I jot down all the different combos I come across (sad person, I need to get a life!), and I love your blonde hair on this image, so going to try that next
hugs
Enfys x

Vicky said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous hun loving the colour combo sooooooooo much & your colouring on Fairy Vixx is fantastic hun, love it!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Michelle VP said...

Love the light shading on her clothes and hair. Great look for a fairy! :) Thanks for joining the Digi Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps.

Roma said...

Wow gorgeous work ! x

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card, love that colour combination. You used a delightful image which I must say is fabulously coloured. Great work!

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, good luck with the challenge!

Eileen said...

I know what you mean about the 'touch pad' on the lappy! I hate mine with a vengeance ! So I am back to a mouse! I like this card a lot and the 'light' colouring is very effective ... Thank you for joining us at the PanPastel challenge xxxx

Claire said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours and that fairy image is fab. Thanks for joining us at PanPastels and good luck
Claire xx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Oh Wow, wow, wow, Vix! I LOVE those colours and that colour combination you have used on her:) Your colouring is amazing - and I love how she contrasts so beautifully with your fabby papers and scrummy ribbon! Big Hugs, Teresa xx

Unknown said...

Wow amazing card love the image and how you have coloured it.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week.

Kerry DT Leader

SAMARA said...

Your card is absolutely exotic and wonderful. The coloring and the papers and that bow...WOW Thanks for coming to Sentimental Sundays. Good Luck! Love Samara DT

Donna Mosley said...

Hi vixx, wow! this is absolutely gorgeous. I love your stunning colouring and scrummy details. Hope you are well hun.

Donna x

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a fabulous image! love your colouring as always.

Jennipher said...

love the pastel colored image against the stark black and white. thanks for playing at sentimental sundays.

lindyloo said...

wow what a stunner love the image and your colouring is brill thank you for joining us at panpastel uk linda x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous card, love the black and white with that soft pink. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

NanaConnie said...

Lovely image and fabby coloring, Vix! So glad you are playing in the challenge at Lexi's Creations this time. Hope to see you again next time. We do our love regulars. :-D
NanaConnie Lexi's DT

Lau W said...

Oh she's gorgeous, love this stamp ! Your card is sweet ! Such fantastic colouring !
xxx

Tameko said...

Great card design. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week.

Anonymous said...

Very nice,,, lovely..

Thanks for playing with us at PMS..

Ivette