Thursday 26 January 2012

Wot no Promarkers?!

Nope no promarkers here today!  A temporary glitch Im sure!  Instead I've been messing again with my Derwent pencils. I have coloursoft and Inktense which only get used now and then and less so when Letraset brought out the ultra fine nibs. I used to use the coloursoft a bit for adding shadows but haven't had a need since the new nibs so other day I came across my stash and decided to put them to use :)

I wanted to play around on kraft as the reason I bought a pack of kraft was to use pencil and I did play a bit but it went on the back boiler. I had a little play but it wasn't looking right so had a look at tutorials online and my techniques were right but I was making 2 fundamental mistakes. The first was the side I was using. One side is rough one smooth. I used the smooth side but pencils need a bit of tooth and second was I wasn't sharpening them much so being shamed into it I sat for 20 minutes sharpening them and retried on the toothy side and much better!
I also played with the Inktense pencils and love these! I don't have any skin colours though so made do for now.
So here's my playings to share :)

Pic of Tilda with cozy heart is coloured with Inktense. Its a pencil that turns into a permanent ink when wet. Love the effect on kraft.

Pic of 2 Tildas show coloursoft on left and Inktense on right

Pic of ladybug Tilda is complete and my 4th version until I was happy with it. I do love these on kraft :)




8 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

They're brilliant, Vix! Keep it up - I'd love to see more! And thanks for the tips too! Hugs, Lesley

Angel-23 said...

Oh wow these are amazing, you are so talented. I've only ever used promarkers and I'm just learning some techniques with them. You've inspired me to buy some inktense pencils, can you recommend anywhere I can buy some.
Thank you
Hugs Rachael xx

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Vix, I would never have thought you could have coloured kraft like this. I'm afraid I still colour like a child, so I can see in yours how it should be done x

Debbi Powell Designs said...

Wow, they are gorgeous!!! They give such a fabulous look. I fancy haveing a go, but better not, as I can only just afford to get the Promarkers, so it will be deadly to start collecting another colouring medium...lol! :) Love it!
Hugs
Debbi x

Papercraft By Carole said...

They are all stunning!! Wow!! Cxx

Shazza said...

these are great and have reminded me I have Inktense- perhaps I should look them out and buy some Kraft
x

Debbie Dolphin said...

Gorgeous Vix xxx:)

melsanford said...

Awww! Beautiful colouring!!! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx