Saturday 21 January 2012

Sunglasses warning - Here's Vicky!

Evening all!  I have to give you a sunglasses warning for this one as its so LOUD and bright!!  This is one of the new range of digi stamps designed by the very talented designer and cardmaker Teresa over at My Crafty Heart and this one is Fairy Vicky named after my old mucker Vicky on the DT.  The description says "Fairy Vicky likes to sing and dance and entertain the other fairies across the land."  She certainly does!So as an Ode to Vicky who brightens up everyones day I had to do this loud, like her haha!


The papers are also digi by Bearly Mine, I have a folder of papers I printed off when I was on the DT and saw these and thought YES!  Totally in the mood for orange today and I love the boldness of the designs too.  I know some people worry about the cost of printing but I can assure you its not that bad.  I got a £15 cartridge from Tesco which lasted me 12 months and I have printed stacks and stacks of the papers off so considering how much you pay for a printed paper stack and these can be adjusted in size and you wont get the eeek moment when you need 3 pieces the same size to do inside and out as you just print another off :)

I've coloured with promarkers and coloursoft pencils adding distress ink in yellow and orange around the edge (sorry mustard seed and spiced marmalade tsk!)  The sentiment I got off ebay yonks ago, flowers are Wild orchid and swirly thing is sizzix.



Oooh sparkly wings!

Hope this has brightened your day as much as it did mine!

I'd like to enter this into...

Craft your days away - Distressing
Papercrafting Journey - Floral
Flutterby Wednesday - Open week
I love Promarkers - Anything goes

20 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

WOW!!!!!! Vixx, this is absolutely incredible. Love how you've coloured Fairy Vicky and the papers and details are stunning.

Donna x

Carol said...

Awww WOW this is absolutely gorgeous Vix!! Such a delightful image and so beautifully coloured as always. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

Lorraine said...

hi huni this is so beautiful i just love the sunshine colours on this one stunning xx

Vicky said...

LMAO sweetie I'm peeing my panties here.....I need tena lady I tell ya lol.
Seriously tho WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW....this looks absolutely amazing shug, wow I would love to do bright colours like this this really does look utterley fantastic!!!!!!! Going back for another look now. mmwah

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Michelle VP said...

She looks great in warm, sunny colors! Love the texture on her wings too. So glad you could join us at Flutterby Wednesday this week. :)

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Love your colouring and the yellows are beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Unknown said...

And there was me happily mooching around bogland when POW!!! there's your card shouting at me from the page. Seriously Vicky it is stunning, I really love how bright it is. Note to self... Remember sunglasses next time I visit Vicky's blog! LOL.
Hugs
Dawn xx

angelwhispers said...

My word Vicky this is such a great vibrant card and you certainly coloured this fab fairy to perfection! Love it Chanelle xx

angelwhispers said...

My word Vicky this is such a great vibrant card and you certainly coloured this fab fairy to perfection! Love it Chanelle xx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hya Vix, woweee! she looks utterly amazing - I LOVE her in those colours - you have certainly bought her to life with your beautiful colouring, I am in awe! A stunner of a card! Big Hugs, Teresa xx

Aunty Sue said...

loving it feel all warm now from thr glow

Lorraine said...

Fabulous Vix. Superb colouring as always and great papers. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Renkata said...

wow Vixx this is super shiny card. Very cool.

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow this is stunning, awesome colouring, luv the colous, a gorgeous card, sue,x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Like a ray of sunshine! Oh so pretty! Hugs, Lesley

Anna said...

Beautiful! Such a wonderful fairy! Thank you for sharing with us at Flutter By Wed.

PCJ said...

Bright but beautiful! Thanks for playing along at with the PCJ Challenge!

Lisa xox

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous card and colouring Vix!! Thanks for playing at I ♥ Promarkers this week!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Vix, such a pretty card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Crafting Journey,
Love, Laura PCJDT

Amanda said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Amanda