Thursday 28 February 2008

Linda's card



I changed my mind lol lol lol!




I saw a card made with a heart and felt inspired (cant remember which blog, if someone recognises which one do tell so I can give credit!)


This is Linda's first baby and she's waited a long long time for her so the heart was central to the design as I know that baby will be absolutely adored. So congratulations to Linda and Mike on the birth of baby Ellie Grace, this one is for you!




I'll explain a bit how it was made! Base card is Bassil cardstock in brown then I added 2 strips of paper, no idea of the make (ailing memory again!) then I've distressed the edges using heritage shimmer inks. The heart is made from bassil brown and pink. The brown heart I did some fake stiching using a white sakura pen and the pink heart is also edged with heritage shimmer ink.
The flowers are a mix bag, some are from a Brenda Pinnock scrapbook kit, some are prima hydrangeas and some are prima, the leaves are from a punch. They all have a PM crystal in the centre as does the right hand edge of the pink heart.
The lettering is from my cuttlebug, font "You're not the boss of me" and finally onto the cute bit the stamp! Its a Magnolia, Tilda with baby Tingla (123 aaaaahhhhh!) which was stamped on watercolour paper with versafine black onyx and coloured using marvy la plume pens direct to paper then blended. I've done the wings and added highlights using sakura stardust in clear.

2 comments:

Melissia said...

What a beautiful card!

Liz said...

Ooh I love this card Vix!

Liz