Monday 7 September 2009

Crafty cardmakers challenge 3

This is my DT entry for Crafty Cardmakers challenge 3 - A sketch and I'm also entering into Stamp Something - Favourite stamp




This is my favourite stamp at present and a pleasure to colour.
I turned the sketch 90 degrees as I wanted to use this image which is a digital stamp by Mo Manning called "End of Summertime" I coloured it with promarkers using vanilla and pastel pink for the skin and vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon and shale for the hair. The top is apple and emerald and the jeans are pastel blue and sky blue, I added a grey to areas I wanted a bit darker and blended in. Papers are MME and the blue is a freebie printable. The brown mounting card is moonglow moonshadow inked. Flowers are flora doodles (Cape gold, peach, green and blue box)
Flower centres are from Quixotic paperie. My brads were too big to go through so I just gave them a nip in the centre with the cropodile and all is well!


The leaves are cut out of strips of green paper which I coloured with starburst stains mainly because I couldnt find my leaf punch as Miss Molly has obvsiously taken a shine to it and has run away with it!

7 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Vix - that image is fab, coloured beautifully too :o) Lisa x

Rose said...

Beautiful! I love this image and the way you turned the sketch. Very pretty!

Mandy said...

Hi Vix, this is gorgeous hun, fab colours and beautiful colouring, love it xx

Shelly said...

Great card, I love your stamp choice and the colouring looks fab! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something, Shelly x

Mary Lou said...

Love this card. Your coloring is fabulous and I love the flowers and the leaf idea!!!! I'm always learning new ideas and love them~~ THANKS!!
Blessings
Mary Lou

Leigh said...

Love your colouring Vix.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant colouring, love your cards