Wednesday 16 September 2009

Fav embellishment

The challenge this week over at Stamp Something is favourite embellishments. Mine has to be sticky gems! Since they made them ready sticky I've bought loads and then some! I never used to be bothered with the putting a dot of pva on so hardly used them in the past whereas now they're just so convenient they're a big hit with me!

I also made this for the Slam Dunk swap on Crafty Cardmaking yahoo group
Let me tell you a bit about our group.... Every month we have regular swaps which are a colour, a style and a technique. The slam dunk is all three of them combined into one so this months are blue and green, cute card and distressing. We also have a noobie swap for newer members and a digital swap or challenge using free digi images an ATC swap plus a project club and or JACK's (Jack's Art and Crafty Koncoctions!) Pop over to see us if you fancy joining in! We're VERY informal!

OK here's me card! Background paper is I dont know but it was a pretty blue/green marbly colour. The left hand side is a blue/green starburst stains creation which I stamped over in oasis green versamagic and distressed the edges. Image is by Victoria Case (Tara) coloured with promarkers (I've done a tutorial using this too which will be ready end of week) and the wings are shimmerz angel wings you can get from Quixotic
I did the flowers 3d and made the one in bottom corner with a circle punch, added SU ribbon and sticky gems :)

6 comments:

Josephine said...

Lovely, vix.

I'm never sure of distressing as a technique, but this works really well.

Sparkle and Flourish said...

wowzers...this is stunning! Love your colouring! aren't those eyes adorable? Great card with great colours! Judy xx

Juls said...

such a brilliant image!! and I love the colours you have used!!

Nettie said...

Hi Vix
I too am a Promarker fan and this is one of the best tutorials for using them, that I have seen so far. Thanks for the information, will defo try your technique. I have added myself as a follower.Thanks Nettie.xx

Nessie said...

Fab tutorial,love your blog so have become a follower.

xxx

Sarah said...

Fabulous colouring tutorial, will be back, except one slight problem not got Vanilla! Might have to stretch the budget, lol. Sarah - DC SS73