Friday 11 September 2009

Blue and green should never be seen

Says who??? I luuuurve blue and green together!

I've made this for a swap on Crafty Cardmaking group on yahoo which is Blue-Green. I'm entering it for 3 challenges too!

Anyone for Anya (Superb new blog for Anya and TGF fans!) which is to use Brads, buttons & bows.

My time to Craft want Polka Dots (or Polky Dots as I call them)
Pile it on - Birthdays
Background polky dot paper is by MME wild asparagus stack and I cuttlebugged a piece of card coloured with starburst stains in jack in the pulpit teal and wisteria purple blue using the polky dot folder. The other papers & large flower are all starburst stains, bells of ireland green and the teal and blue. The centre of the flower is a glittery heart shaped button sewn on and the brads were clear but coloured with a blue promarker. Image was coloured mainly in promarkers (Sky blue, pastel blue, turquioise, emerald, vanilla, pastel pink, terracotta and I used copic burnt umber for the really dark bits on the hair.
Got the bow looking nice first time then I decided to fiddle didnt I so it dont look right now lol! I'll have another fiddle tommorrow as its bugging me now!


10 comments:

Katie said...

Super card!
Your coloring on her hair is absolutely perfect!
Thanks for including PIO in your challenges this week.

Rach said...

what a fabulous card. hugs Rachxx

Jennifer Stricker said...

What a great card! I love that girl and the patterned paper you used. Thank you for playing along with Pile It On! this week.

Jennifer PIO DT

Josephine said...

I've always loved blue and green together, and had never heard the phrase, although I had heard a different version: 'red and green should never be seen ... except upon an Irish coleen'. It's funny how there are variations on a theme, isn't it?

Your card is lovely, as always.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Lovely card! Such a sweet image and beautiful colors! Thanks for joining in at PIO this week! :)

Renata van Miltenburg said...

I also do love this green and bleu together and what a beautiful colouring!

Nice to have you in our AFA challenge this week!

Warmest regards, Renata

Anonymous said...

Your colouring is gorgeous.

Brenda said...

Very pretty!!! Thank you for playing with Pile It On this week.

Anonymous said...

never thought of blue and green together... but you rocked it!

Thanks for playing w/ the Pile It On! this week!
-- dalis

Lesley said...

Lovely card and cute image! I love blue and green together! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx