Tuesday 22 September 2009

Sugar Bowl challenge

This one is for the Sugar Bowl challenge 19 a sketch by Marlene plus to use pink and brown. I wanted to experiment a little, was in the mood to get messy so had a play around with a few materials before getting to my final version.
Background paper was originally MME a pink with brown spots sheet. I distressed it with moonshadow ink in phantom fuschia, dried it then went over with starburst stains alpine ice rose. This has a very gold sheen to it so I dried it and then wiped off some of the gold to reveal the pink underneath.
The circle is made with a piece of evenweave material coloured with alpine ice rose and blots of fuschia. I wet the edges and rubbed distress ink round letting it bleed in then dried it.
Images are little goth girl and a free sugar nellie owl from craft stamper coloured with promarkers. I did a pink varigated colouring on the dress. The branches are chipboard coloured with versamagic aloe vera and swiped with peso and the hearts are chipboard coloured with acrylics, heat set so they bubbled, added starburst stains and heated at a distance (SS will stick if the acrylics are still tacky) then edged with briliance in coffee bean.






2 comments:

Marion said...

Love your card. Nice use of fabric here. Giving me some ideas. Marion

Lilian said...

Vix, your experiments turned out awesome! I love the mix of colors and the coloring of her dress is just beautiful! Gorgeous work!
Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!