Friday 4 September 2009

A Fiver :)

I'm really stretched for time this week so don't normally do so many in one but needs must this week!
I'm entering this for...

Passion for Promarkers - Girly & Glittery
Whimsey - Touchy Feely
Papertake - Angels & Fairies
Pile it on - Round
Truly Scrumptious - Sketch


I've been shoppin at Joanna Sheen and Quixotic Paperie and have some new stash to play with!
Background paper is MME Wild Asparagus which is embossed so its tactile (Whimsey) Its also spotty (Pile it on) Image is by Victoria Case and is coloured with promarkers. Cant get more girly than this image which also meets the passion for promarkers challenge and papertake is its a fairy!

Now as a copic user who has recently tried out promarkers I often hear that promarkers dont blend as well. Well I have to disagree! I've put a close up of my colouring so you can see there is absolutely no difference, the only difference is the nib and promarkers have nice names! The hair for example I did in vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa and shale. The wings I used my new Angel wings Shimmerz. I think I put it on a bit thick as it wouldnt dry so I hit it with a heat gun and it kinda bubbled (another tactile element ha!) Also the matting layer is some green felt which Miss Molly found in my stash and handed to me so I thought why not!
I used sakura stardust clear to give her some glitter eyeshadow :)


Flowers are petaloo, the white at the bottom have also been painted with shimmerz. I got the flower centres from Elaines but my brads were a bit big to go through them so I just gave them a quick nip with my cropodile and made the hole bigger :)
Anyway, thanks for lookin!




19 comments:

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

helen said...

beautiful card i love how you've coloured her hair
thanks for joining us at pfp this week
hugs
helen x

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Wiccababe said...

such a pretty card
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Mina said...

fabulous card, I love your image her hair is stunning...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and your colouring is awesome. The flowers look so pretty with the brads in the centres. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Timi O. Mercado said...

awesome card! I love the fairy image...

Timi, Pile it on DT

Caryn said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at PFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

by. Amy Schultz said...

wow, you did a great job making her hair look shiney! That is great!

Amy -- Pile It On DT

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

your card is wonderful and coloured so well, thanks for what you said,I'm actually on 2 dt and have been asked to guest spot afew, I guess it was one of those days and the 3rd reply was so blunt. I know there is so much talent out there I would just do it differently.janex

Heather said...

Gorgeous card, great take on Michele's sketch, love the fabulously coloured adorable image and such lovely details.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
hugs Heather xx

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and your colouring is fab! Jillix

Dawn said...

Aww this is lovely - great little image and locely colouring
thanks for joiningus on TS

Dawn

Maureen said...

Very pretty card and your coloring is great! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Suzanne said...

This is so sweet love the image. Thank you for joining us at PFP this week. Sue :o)

Beth said...

This is beautiful! I love this image and your colouring is fab! Thanks for joining in with the TS challenge!

Beth xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Wow, beautiful challenge! Love that image and all the fun details. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy! :)

Anonymous said...

She doesn't look like a well behaved fairy! Love her