Wednesday 15 February 2012

For Janessa

Evening all!  Howz your day been?  The kids went down to their little friends house today and had a ball, its Ethan's little girlfriend and they always greet each other with hugs and hold hands and stuff since they were in pre-school ahhhhh!  He has good taste, she's got blonde curly hair and is a pretty little thing, they're 4 god love em!

I'm back tonight with the one I was engrossed in last night, bit of a story behind it.

A while ago I looked at Hannah Lynn's paintings and saw that one of them is called Janessa.  I have a cousin called Janessa and its such an unusual name I said to Teresa I'd love her forever if that was made into a stamp.  Anyway 1st of this month it was so I sent my cousin a message asking her to pick me 2 colours.  She ended up not getting the message till a couple of days ago and she replied with Black and Beige.  I said dont you like pink thinking awww gawd its not going to look too good,  mean its a Hannah Lynn and they're meant to be colourful!  Janessa said her favourite colour was green so I settled on black and green and got to work.

Its the first outing for this image for me so was only right Janessa picked the colours so I've made it into an easel post it holder so its useful too and added some bling, a feather, flower and a black swarovski heart crystal under the bow.  I unmed and ahhed over the hair as was going to do black but settled on brown as she has brown hair.

I quite like the black and green, will have to bring that out more often :D

So Janessa sweetie this is Inspired by you and your disco costume lol!





I'd like to enter into...

Divas by design - Wings
Flutterby wednesday - Open week
Top tip tuesday - Magical/Fantasy
Truly madly crafty - ribbon and bling
One stitch at a time - anything goes
A gem of a challenge - Fairies
Allsorts - Free and easy february
Charisma - Things with wings
Rainbow ladys - Have a heart
Southern girls - Magic & mystery


33 comments:

lis-m said...

Wow!!!Vix,that is S-t-u-n-n-i-n-g!!!x

Wiccababe said...

just gorgeous Vix
Debz
x

Sue said...

Oh wowzer hun
totally stunning card, striking colours, awesome colouring, beautiful work sue,x

Little K Smith said...

WOW! This is beautiful, a gorgeous image and wonderfully coloured :)
Kelly.x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely easel card, wonderful colouring. Tracy x

Unknown said...

This is sooo gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic! Hugs! Leah Ann

Lorraine said...

That's fabulous Vix. I love the colour scheme and I bet Janessa will too. Great job hun and how special to have a stamp named for you too.

Anne-Marie said...

Suffice to say I totally agree with every other comment....WOW!

Scrap Affair said...

S-t-u-n-n-i-n-g!!!
XOXO

Angela Weimer said...

Such a stunning card. Love the image and the coloring really pops. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Dona said...

Love the colours and your colouring. Beautiful!

brenda said...

Great card Vix.

Thanks so much for sharing at our Free and Easy February at Allsorts challenge and good luck.

B x

Lotta said...

Hi Vix! I love your card! So beautiful colored! And I love your layout. Gorgeous! hugs Sandra

Janice said...

SIMPLY STUNNING - magnificent colouring on your beautiful card, Jx

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning card and a fabulous image coloured so beautifully:) Sandra H

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh wow! This is just gorgeous! I don't normally like green, but you have rocked it!
I'm sure she will love it hun!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm behind with my commenting. There's a surprise! Lots of lovely makes, Vix, and this one is GORGEOUS! Hugs, Lesley

Elaine Stark said...

A beautifully coloured image and great colours, they really pop. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Josephine said...

Absolutely stunning, Vix! I love the green and black theme.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Scrapcat 1 said...

this is beautiful Vix, your cousin will love it and if she doesn't I will change my name so I can have it lol

Berry said...

Vix this is utterly beautiful! I love the colour combo and she is a stunning image! Thanks so much for playing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Nicola said...

Wow, what a stunning card, love the colour combo and that beautiful image!
Thanks for entering our Free and Easy challenge for Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Jackie said...

WOW WOW WOW, totally stunning. Thank you for sharing with us at AGOAC. hugs Jackie x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Super gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. I hope you join us again next week. Julie x

sara said...

stunning card love the image she look s gorgeous in that green thanks so much for joining un at top tip tuesday this week
hugs sara GDT x x x

Annette said...

Wow, fab colouring, and gorgeous image choice. Love all the beautiful greens. Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
Annette
xx

Unknown said...

Stunning Vix love it!!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas By Design, I wish you good luck!

Big hugs Jo xxx

CG said...

Beautiful card, incredible coloring!Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week! Best, CG

Deneen said...

Great easel card! Your image is coloured fabulously. Thanks for joining the Mystical, Magical, Fantasy Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Caroljenks said...

What a stunning image and coloured to perfection! Very effective colour choices too :)
Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday and we look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Carol x

Kos med papir og saks said...

beautiful card with beautiful coloring.

thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hope you join us again.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time

Unknown said...

Wow what amazing colouring, a really fab card. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week.

Bettina L. said...

Oh my gosh this is absolutely stunning. Love the deep green sparkly colours and how you've shaped this into a lovely easel card. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx