Sunday 12 July 2009

Stampin for the weekend week 6

Strawberries dipped in chocolate is the theme for this week over at Stampin' for the weekend! Oooh I love working with brown as I'm a huge fan of moonglow moonshadow inks. These are walnut inks with a colour which shows when you move the card in the light.

I thought I'd use this image of Annie which my fwend Sheilakins sent me a little while back as Annie suits red and with her sat on the tree stump there is the brown.



Base card is red then I added a layer of brown which has been cuttlebug embossed using swiss dots then I added another layer using moonshadow bucket o' blood red. Annie is coloured with copics and the flowers are made with paper using moonglow bucket o' blood red and starburst stains in poinsettia red gold with a brown brad to hold them together. The swirls are chipboard coloured with brilliance red.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I love this cute Annie and your colouring. Fabulous papers and the flowers you have made are amazing. Love the swirls and the gems.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Vicki said...

omg I love, love, love those flowers, they look awesome. FAbulous card altogether, the image is adorable and coloured so beautifully, love everything about your card Vix, amazing. Thank you for joining in again this week with our challenge over at SFTW, good luck luvly xx vicki xx

Nancy said...

This card is gorgeous:O) Annie is stunning! Your colouring of her is amazing. The Lollypop flowers are wonderful!
Thank you for joining SFTW this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Vix, a really sweet image you've used, love the flowers and swirls and all the layering you've done, it really brings your eye to the centre. Fabulous job
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge again this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a great day.
Donna xx

Nicola said...

Wowee Vix what a stunning cretion. I adore your colouring and masking of Annie and your papers are mega delish Love your flowers and the gems and swirls are a gorgeous finishing touch.
Thank you for joining us again this week at "Stampin´for the Weekend" and we hope you continue to join in our challenges.
Nicola -x-

Cath Wilson said...

Told you I'd post again, lol! Absolutely fab colouring, m'dear - I'm SO impressed! Might need some lessons - and a few more pens - h'mm.....

crafty amy said...

Amazing card I love the way you have coloured Annie her hair and tights are incredible! Also I love those flowers I must have a go at them some time.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.
X Amy X

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card, I love Annie and the way you have coloured her. I love your papers and those flowers are brilliant!

Thank you for playing with us this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you had fun and that you come and play again. Good Luck.

Kimmi

CraftyC said...

Wow Vix, stunning card. Love Annie, have her laying around myself somewhere and superbly coloured. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairexx