Saturday 25 July 2009

My 1st digi stamp and friday sketchers

Now this is a new concept to me! This is actually a digital stamp. I've never got into them at all before because me+printer=do not get on! Thats why I never print inserts either because I dont get along with printers haha! Anyway after some fab direction from Teresa on crafty cardmaking I looked at them a little more, but that was it I looked!
This week I joined a group onpapercraft planet called Copic Buzz and one of the challenge cards was just so stunning and I mean stunning I had to find out more! The maker, Scrappinnana was so helpful and told me this gorgeous girl was a digital stamp by Victoria Case stamps. She only cost $3 and delivery is instant and freeeeee!

I hot footed it to hobbycraft to purchase some Bristol Board as recommended by my dear friend Sheilakins who is the fountain of all knowledge lol! Printed this little beauty out and went to colour and oh no disaster struck! It kept smudging, I tried everything even heat setting to no avail! Sheilakins kindly phoned me and we checked I had the right card, yep, tried all different settings and decided I was going to try another printer and hey presto problem solved!

I looked at the challenge on Friday sketchers which is a pretty sketch and to use some shimmerz which I dont have so I have used sakura sparkle clear on the wings which doesnt show up at all! It just looks white but its glittery!

The ragged distressed look was inspired by Rowena crafty pagan who has just made the DT at sugar nellie, wow well done! I love the look of her work as she doesnt seem to use loads of expensive accessories.

So this card is thanks to Teresa, Sheila, Scrappinnana and Rowena lol!

All papers ar K&Co and I distressed the edges with scissors then went round the edges pushing some ink in towards the centres with cut n dry foam. Image is Kayla by Victoria Case stamps coloured with copics. The flowers are 3d with a little distress ink (old paper) to take away the glare from the white card.

Thanks for lookin!

7 comments:

Cassie_lu said...

you did a fabulous job with the coloring. aren't digis fun?

Tammy said...

WOW....your Kayla turned out beautiful!! Great job girl!!! You are going to become addicted to digi's now! ;o)

Verda said...

You did very nice coloring on this card. Love the card.

Annita said...

Great job. Kayla is so cute. Digi stamps are seriously addictive, welcome to the club :-)

hugs Annita

Adele said...

Oh this looks stunning- love the distressed papers and curled flowers!

Dingle.x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and wonderful colouring. Such a pretty image.
Thanks for your message of congrats re sugar nellie, much appreciated.
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW Vix, this is just gorgeous. Hmmmm, not tried digital but now . . . looks like a trip to hobbycraft is in order!!!
xx