Thursday 23 July 2009

Spoonful of sugar challenge - swirls

The challenge this week over at spoonful of sugar is to use swirls. I couldnt find the right shade of pink I wanted for the background so I made it by swiping a marvy matchables pad over some satin card, remember the satin card I struggled with last week on my colouring, well its fab for inky backgrounds!

I overstamped using a foam swirl stamp Ive had like forever and I used a sheet I'd coloured with yellow starburst stains and run it through the cuttlebug with the divine swirls embossing folder, you gotta love those cuttlebugs!


The image is a brand spanky new anime/manga stamp from sugar nellie which I was lucky enough to get before they sold out in a day (I was stalking their site all week ha!) Now onto the colouring, errrrm well I thought I'd experiment a little *cough* I used copics in pinks for the hair, clothes and boots and yellows for the ribbon, tights and shirt. Then I came to the outline, I'm nearly out of my grey you see so thought oh well lets try this lovely green I have....

I'm on the fence with this one, will tinker with it before it ever goes out the door lol! Oh and the leaf swirls are maya road naked chipboard coloured with versa magic, cant remember the exact shade except it was green!


1 comment:

Annita said...

ohh so cute !! I love that little anime girl
hugs Annita