Saturday 18 July 2009

Stampin' for the weekend #7

This weeks challenge over at Stampin' for the weekend is "Rock n roll 70's" and you need to draw inspiration from one of these song titles...

Tangled up in Blue – Bob Dylan
Three Times a Lady – The Commodores
Seasons in the Sun – Terry Jacks

Ooooh she thinks and knows exactly what she's going to do (for a change!)

Hmmmm I wonder if you can guess which song title I chose lol!

The images are sugar nellie gorjuss girls - Flower girl, little goth girl and little miss attitude. They are coloured with copics... I must say not up to my usual standard!! I always stick forst and colour last so that I know I can match the colours to the embellishments etc. Can to colour these on new "silky smooth" card I bought and its like colouring on acetate! I am major peeved! I did my best though! The blossom bit is a well ribbon blossom made of lots of ribbon lol! OK there's a tutorial on splitcoast here!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW Your card is amazing:O) Love these three Ladies, wonderful colouring. Gorgeous DP's, and the ribbon blossom is awsome. Thanks for sharing;O) Have to give that tutorial another look:O)
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend this week. God luck!
Nancy;O)

Sheila said...

Neat card hun, I love your 3 Gorjuss girlies, fabulously coloured too hun & delish DP's too.
Thanks for joining us on SFTW.
Hugs
Sheilakins xx

scrapperjulia said...

They are colored so beautifully! Great take on the theme and great card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! These three ladies with attitude are amazing. Fabulous colouring and papers. I love the ribbon and the ribbon blossom, it looks fab.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

CraftyC said...

Aww, this is a beautiful card Vix. 3 of my favourite ladies and they are all "Gorjuss". I love your ribbons and one of my favourite colour combos. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairexx

crafty amy said...

This is so cute and just perfect. I can not believe that you are not happy with your colouring I love it I think it work really well with this bold paper ( I wish I could colour like you).
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

x Amy x

Donna said...

Wow Vix, absolutely gorjuss card, love how you've laid out the three gorjuss girls, and the combination of the ribbons makes for a stunning creation. The papers are fabulous, and so colorful and you did a fantastic job on your coloring.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge again this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a great day.
Donna xx

Vicki said...

This is definately a Gorjuss card Vix, I so love how you've created the ribbon blossom it looks fab, as do the Gorjuss girls, which you have coloured so beautifully. Thank you for taking part again this week with our Rock 'n' Roll theme over at SFTw, good luck xx vicki xx

Kimmi said...

Hehe - So funny that this is the way your thoughts took you, this was going to be my layout (KINDA) Brilliant card Vixy! I love your colouring and your little Gorjuss Girls look super! Brilliant layout and those ribbons are gorgeous all together!

Thank you for joining us this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you had fun making you card, and that you come back for many more challenges!

Kimmi

Juls said...

brilliant, love the colour combo and all those ribbons! Just fab!