Friday 10 February 2012

A lightning make

Evening all!  Kids broke up today so I have them for a whole week, and I can UNSET my alarm for a whole week too yay!  I have to drag Ethan out of bed most mornings so I think he'll appreciate a lie in as well :) 

I've got a lightning make to show you tonight using brand new digi papers by Crafts & Me.  I absolutely love them as I love fantasy things, purples, blues and green so was thrilled with these and with new printer they're printing out a dream. 
I wanted to try a really quick make as I usually spend at least an hour on colouring an image alone so I used one of the new digi papers and dropped another digi on and printed out, OK not quite that straight forward but I'll try and explain further down lol!

These papers are called Forest Fairy and you can find them HERE.  There are 30 in the pack and are available for immediate download.


From printing to photographing this took me 32 minutes which must be a recond for me!  OK the arm needs a little more blending but I'll do that tommoz!  If you're familiar with photo editting software (I use paint shop pro) then I made a copy of the paper then then opened up my digi image, May by Sara Burrier Oh it needs to be the JPG format as the PNG is transparent and you DONT want that!

You might need to resize your stamp so do this then I used the magic wand and clicked outside the lines on the stamp then selected SELECTIONS -> INVERT then copied and went back to the background and pasted as NEW LAYER.

With Layer 2 selected in layers panel I clicked on any white bits I wanted removing with the magic wand then used the eraser tool.  This will erase just inside the area you selected with the magic wand and only affect the 2nd layer (the digi stamp) as thats selected.  Most should be OK and only need a touch up but remember you'll need the JPG version.  This then leaves your image filled in white on top of the background so you can colour as you like :)


For this I used flexmarkers on everything but the skin and added glamour dust to the wings and turquoise glitter to the stars then gave it a spray with dazzling diamonds glimmer mist. Really quick make for me and will be handy for last minute birthdays!

Thanks for stopping by and back tommoz x

I'd like to enter this into...

Crafty Bloggers Network - Pink & Blue

9 comments:

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous Vix, love the papers and image, beautiful colours xxxxx

Scrapcat 1 said...

Very pretty Vix and in 32 minutes wow thats fast!

thecraftycavalier said...

Absolutely love your blog Vix! This card is stunning - the papers look gorgeous. I don't know if I can resist! Thank you for all your invaluable colouring tips - it's great when talented crafters share their tips! Hugs, Jayne x

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi Vixykins,
Great background and lovely colouring on the image.
Great idea, no need to cut out image, will have a go myself
Hugs
Suzie xx

Andrea said...

Wow, your card looks amazing - I can't believe it only took 32 minutes in total! Fab-u-lous!
Love, Andrea xx

melsanford said...

Oh wow! Beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Michelle said...

Oh that is such a striking card! Thank you for playing with with the CBN challenge of pink and blue!

Grenouille Greetings said...

WOW this is gorgeous! Hugs, Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

WOW this is gorgeous! Hugs, Lesley