Monday 4 October 2010

Wow what an honour!


I got a bit of a surprise on Saturday!  As some of you know one of my techniques is featured in the November issue of Craft Stamper Magazine using the promarker blender pen.  It wasn't due until the New Year so I had no idea it was going to be in this issue so that was a big surprise.  Even bigger was that my subs copy was a bit late so I had no idea it was on the front! 
Its a gorgeous stamp designed by Tracey Coates you can get here at The Stampman.  There is also a web extra over at Craft Stamper using the same technique with regular skin tones here.

And if that wasn't thrilling enough I got a tweet off my lovely teamie Lisa who attended the Artisan show over the weekend and she sent me a photo of their show guide and knock me down with a feather, here's my design right on it!  OMG what an honour!  WOW!


I think like most if not all newly publshed designers I have a lot of self doubt, I'm my own worst critic.  OK I'm not newly published, I was published a while back but the experience was not good so I never pursued going down that road again however I have to say that Katy Fox from Craft Stamper is fab, really encouraging and forgiving and I've been very pleased with the way the articles are written and presented :)

Right-O onto other news!  Crafty Cardmakers new challenge has just gone up and this fortnight it is Step away from the square!  Before you start hyperventilating come and have a look at what the girls have done for the challenge and challenge yourself as thats what we're all about!  They've made some excellent samples for you!  I'm playing next weeks spotlight which will be fancy folds which is totally and completely out of my comfort zone so best get cracking on that one!

Final note if you've not already joined in, The Stampman have a blog hop open until Thursday which you will find HERE.  Loads and loads of prizes to be won too!

You may have also noticed a bit of an absence from me lately, its not because I don't love ya anymore, I am doing stuff lol!  Its Port Sunlight Show on Saturday so I've been busy tinkering and fiddling to decide on what demos I'm doing and have a couple of new ones for you to try.  Want to transfer your favourite photos and stroky papers onto canvas?  Pop along to The Stampman stall in the corner of the main hall and we'll show you how you can do this easily!  I'll also be doing some starburst stains and/or moonshadow demos too :)  Pop along and say hello to Jill, Ian and myself and we'll also be giving out ATCs for you to take home and stroke :)  If you have any to swap that would be awesome as I'm an avid collector :D
You'll know its me by the funny coloured hair, mystic violet and pink!

14 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Wow congratulations on both accounts!!! Well deserved as your work just rock's!!!! Love Chanelle xx

Sarah_W said...

Well done on getting published again! Makes it all worthwhile eh? xx

lis-m said...

Well done you! thats pretty amazing... wish I was able to go to Port Sunny , it would be lovely to meet you :-) you are so very talented !!
{hugs} x
Lis-m

Diamond Doll said...

Oh Wow!! Vix what a honour you should be well chuffed.It,s a stunning card and i love that image mught just treat myself.
Welldone your famous Now (-:
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Debbie Dolphin said...

wow Vix!!!! bet your soooo chuffed and well done its sooooo well deserved. I love the brown one over on the web extra too. its stunning
love Debbie xxxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow many congratulations on both, your work looks stunning,sue,

Cor* said...

oooooooooooooo yay!! congrats! So excited for you! I couldn't even imagine being in a magazine! You gotta send me a copy ! You r extremely talented and does not surprise me that everyone is snatching up your stuffs!!! Woo HOO!! Good for you! hugs little miss NEAT!

Unknown said...

well done you!!!! x You must be quite rightly thrilled x Craft stamper magazine is my treat! I look forward to seeing it x Leigh x

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh well done you Vix, truly well deserved cos your work is just GoRGeouS!! Will see you at Port Sunny on Saturday and will try and remember an ATC or two LOL, I'm terrible at remembering :)

PepPop said...

Wow Congratulations!!!! You must be so chuffed. Jaqui x

Rita said...

Congratulations Kate. I did notice the article in CS and it was superb too. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Michelle said...

It's well deserved Vix, I've loved everything you've done lately and brilliant that it's been recognised. Well done you
x Michelle

Neet said...

A well-deserved Accolade Vix. You do some beautiful things with your Promarkers and your card making is absolutely gorgeous in every way. Always stunning stuff from Vix

Look forward to meeting you (at last) at PS.
Hugs
x x

Lorraine said...

Well done, Vix. You deserve it, hun and it's a great article, well, they both were. Loved your clock too.