Wednesday 29 September 2010

Some more from The Stampman from Create & Craft Show

Heres the rest of the creations which were for the stampmans show recently on create and craft, I didn't cringe so much this time ha ha!

This one is using the alluring ladies plate and I swirled the yinks inkpads randomly to create a background and embossed with the burgundy moonglow embossing powder over black ink.  The flower is made with a woodware multi punch with added bling.  The swirl corners are from the butterfly beauties set which I use often :D
This one is like my steasel.  To create it cut your card and panel out then place the card flat and put the panel over the front of the card and use your die cutter to cut through both layers.  This ensures a perfect line up when its constructed.  Stamp your image onto acetate and decorate with glitter and glue and attach to the back of the panel.  Fold your card over as normal when making an easel and attach panel to the fold and you'll have a see through bit like that :)
The swirls are part of the same stamp on this one which s from the artstic elements plate.


Another one from Artstic Elements and I've used the purple and gold from the starburst stains set and stamped image onto the gold and restamped onto gold mirror card, cut out the mirror and glued that on the front.
This one I used a starburst stains water technique using the same purple as above only it comes out lilac.  I've used a circle die cutter to cut out a crcle at the front, attached lace with glue dots and hung the image from a couple of hoops.
This one is using the olice green from the mardi gras set (which is yum!)  I've actually just coloured the face with a promarker blender pen!  I used one of the red embossing powders over black ink then used a blender pen which reacts with the embossing making it bleed, in this case red then swished that around to add highlights and shading (There's an article in this months craft stamper using a similar technique)
The ivy leaves are real and have been embossed with different colours of the moonglow EP's.  Cant take credit for that idea as I saw it HERE on Gingersnap by Laura Liddell.
This was a real quickie before I made my mad dash to the post office!  I'm quite rubbish at triple embossing so decided to stamp the image first and capture it!  Its stamped onto mountboard then I've added the Yinks randomly then various moonglow EPs from the daybreak set. 
This is my summer/winter easel gatefold!  It feels a bit of an unfinished symphony but you are restricted what you can and can't use to some degree and I'd already put 3 and half hours into this one lol!  The front is soooo heavy I had to reinforce the base!  I've used starburst stains from the mardi gras set and promarkers to colour the bling maiden from the butterfly beauties set, flower stopper is made from starburst stains.



Inside is the winter version covered with snowflakes.  Jill's chuckling as she knows where this came from mwhaha!


And finally my ickle domino book!  I've inked up the stamp and placed 2 doms side by side on it to get half a face on each then after a blast with the heat gun I've inked them up with versamark and carefully added pink moonglow embossing powder to the face area and red to the hair, repeated a couple of times.  I've used the heat gun to push the colours into the right places then edged with a gold acryllic paint. 


Hope you can get some ideas how to use the stamps I've featured, you can find them all on The Stampman HERE

9 comments:

Scrap Affair said...

WOW!!!!!!! What a fantastic collection! I cannot even pick favorite, they all FAB!

Juls said...

oh wow wow wow!!!!!! I dont quite know how to comment as there is so much to love about each project I dont know where to start! each is unique, gorgeous and creative! you have an incredible talent and are a wonderful source of inspiration! Hugs Juls

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow a stunning selection of cards, luv the easel with acetate, beautiful cards, sue,x

Jane said...

Now that's where the trim on my knickers went! Lurvin that lady with the wild hair...may to sneak a look at this & maybe make a teeny purchase. Great cards Vix!

Lin said...

WOW! Vix. Abso blooming lutely stunning.

I love everything here.

I had such a giggle when Jill Tuck and Stephanie were discussing you the other day and pondering what it must be like to be in your head!!

I would give my eye teeth (if the dentist hadn't already had them) to have half the talent and imagination that you have.

I am so proud to be part of your team at CCM.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

Dotpat said...

Love em all Vix you are very clever

PepPop said...

Beautiful and really unusual work. Love the steasel card!! Def gonna try that one. Jaqui x

Sheila said...

OMG Vix, Each and every one of these are stunning!! I think I saw the summer/winter one somewhere before - was it on telly? Wow you have such a fab style in your work - dunno what it is but they really are gorgeously deliciously lush!! Sheila:)X

Neet said...

Fab cards Vix. Loving them all.