Monday 11 October 2010

Spotlight on Fancy Folds at Crafty Cardmakers

Its another spotlight challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and this fortnight we are looking at Fancy Folded cards.

I'd started seeing these centre step easels around blogger but for the life of me couldn't find one when I needed to look at one so after much searching and a little help from a friend I found one on Sandy's blog, seems she had the same trouble finding one too so made her own!  Its really really easy to follow and so quick to make, Sandy's made a template you can print out or in my case I just followed the instructions which were so easy. I've used a new image by Hannah Lynn called Kathleen available at Crafts & Me and I coloured with promarkers and sakura stardust pens.  Papers I just picked up at a show on saturday and was itching to use them, they're by Crafty Individuals.  I've used a couple of 1" square stampboard coloured with starburst stains and I've stamped & embossed a swirl from a paper artsy stamp plate and scratched out highlights.  The little pearls are hot fix and are a mother of pearl colour and the sentiment is from Stamping All Day.

I'd also like to enter this into...

Totally Gorjuss - Not a square
Gingersnap - Inchies
Craftalicious - Anything goes
A spoonful of sugar - Sparkle & Shine
Polka Doodles - Own embellishments (Stampbord)
CRAFT - Shaped card

Thanks for looking :)



24 comments:

Cor* said...

Stunning Vix. I love your folds! Great coloring! I tried to make a side step card once but think my measurements were WAY off. Maybe I;ll have to give this a try. ! Very beautiful!

Diane said...

Wonderful image really shows off your fantastic colouring, Vix - love the fold too!
Diane x

Paddington fan said...

This is amazing, it looks very complicated!! Love your image too. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week for our shaped card challenge and good luck, love Jacky x

Unknown said...

This is georgeous the colouring is fantastic thanks for sharing it with CRAFT Challenge.

Good Luck

Kerry (GDT OCT)

Lau W said...

Wow ! Fantastic creation !
Lovely colors !
xxx

shulsart said...

Fabulous card, Vix, thanks for linking back to my blog. I am glad you found my template helpful.

Scrap Affair said...

A DREAM! :)

Josephine said...

That's fabulous, Vix. It looks really special, and the image is gorgeous!

angelwhispers said...

Wow what awesome colours!!! Just love it and such a fabulous design. Love Chanelle xxxx

carol said...

what a fabulous card, great shape too, thanks for playing along with C.R.A.F.T. challenge this week,x carol

Lizzy said...

WOW this is stunning...luv the lush colours xx Lizzy xx :)

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow totally stunning card, awesome colouring of this beautiful image, great design hun, sue,x

Sheila said...

Vix, Another stunner from you - where do you hide all your ideas? This is gorgeous - lovely image and those papers are divine. Love the shape of the card too, Sheila:)X

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning!!! xxx

Von said...

I've always had trouble with stepper cards lol and your looks just lovely :)
Von

Eiglas said...

Totally wonderful Vix!
I love Arthur Rackham and in the colours you've used, you've conjured up the same nautical 'feel' to your mermaid.
Just love it!
Hugs
Ei
x

Meesh said...

Great card, Vix! Your colouring is stunning as usual and I love the folds... I'll have to give that a try ;)

Meesh. xx

Juls said...

this is just so amazing!!!! I just LOVE how you have done her hair!!! Hugs Juls

Lin said...

Stupendous. I love your colouring and the colours you chose.

Great fold. I tried this and got in a right two and eight.

Lin xx

Kat said...

This is stunning Vix. Gorgeous colouring. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat xx

Tip Top said...

Wonderful! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Fliss said...

Really beautiful card in such gorgeous colours.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Polka Doodles this week and hope to see you again.
Totally loved your colouring tutorial in Craft Stamper too - just fabulous!
x

Jenny said...

Fantastic! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles.