Sunday 24 October 2010

Eeeek! Cards for Men at The Stampman!

Jill does lke to scare us a bit over at The Stampman challenges and this fortnight is MENS CARDS aaarrgh!  I thought should I pull a sickie, I've been run over by a bus or something but gave myself a good kick and set to work!

Recently I've been playing with triple embossing having been asked to demo it at Port Sunny which is actually Jills demo but she was engaged elsewhere so whats a girl to do but oblige!  A customer wanted to see how it was done so I showed her and they are fun to do especially with yummy Moonglow embossing powders!  Jill's also got these fab chipboard tiles in the shop which are perfect for triple embossing so I started with one of the tiles, added a green pigment ink for the base and triple embossed with Moonglow Adobe Fire embossing powder.  I've inked up the dragonfly stamp which is from Aspects of Design 03 Botanical plate with gold brilliance ink and pressed into the tile.  The background paper is from.... I have nooooooo idea lol!  I got it in a swap I think!  The panel is a fab stamp called Stone relief border which just looks great on any colour background, been playing with that one lots this week (and its HALF PRICE!)  I stamped it onto Moonshadow Ethereal Emerald which is one of my favs!
The rusty looking nail heads were black, I didn't have any gold so I splodged them with a gold acrylic dabber and also used that on the edge of the tile.

See Men's Cards aren't so bad eh!  I did keep it simples and for any occasion as the tile and moonshadow background provide enough visual appeal (in real life!)

Hope ya come an join in over at The Stampman challenges x



5 comments:

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful card, Vix. You'll be able to enter this into the challenge tomorrow morning over at Cards for Men.

Donna xx

PepPop said...

Very cool card. Jaqui x

Lin said...

WOW Vix this is completely gorgeous and so absolutely blokey! Perfection

Lin xx

Cor* said...

Yes, you made it simples but the way you got there probly made your workdest look like a fairy shook herself off on it. I only wish I had the space to get messy in order to create magic like this! It is a stunner!

Juls said...

such a fab take on cards for men, I love the real rustic look! Hugs Juls