Saturday 31 December 2011

The Stampman 3rd Annual Awards



Good Evening!!  Well in around 24 hours time we'll be seeing in the New Year so whatever you're doing enjoy!  As for me I'll be sat in with OH watching it on the TV and popping outside to watch the fireworks.  I've only been out 3 times for new year - 1990, 1991 and 2005!  I really dislike the massive queues for the bar and pubs charging silly prices to get in, not my scene!  I also strongly want to be with my kids on New Year too, I don't think my parents ever left us so its just something I've always done :)

Right-o onto my post which is The 3rd Annual Stampman Awards yay!  Each year The Stampman ask you to proudly display your favourite creation from the past year.  There is a £30 Stampman gift voucher up for grabs and 4 runner up prizes!
For this I'm showing my favourite Stampman project and my favourite overall of the year although you just show your own personal favourite.

This one is a Stampendous stamp called Crowscape which I was demonstrating at Port Sunny.  I was trying various colour ways and inks and this one was a christmassy version using red and gree distress inks and embossed with moonglow.

As it was near Halloween I did a yellow/orange/red version which seemed to go down well as customers kept asking if they could have it so I made this one so many times lol!  Its a lovely stamp which you can find here.



My favourite overall, gosh thats a toughy!!  I think this one by Teddy Bo was a definate favourite, I sent it to an old friend called Lyn who's birthday is Christmas Eve.  We may not speak all year *but* I always send her a card and it is always one of my best of the year ones.  I mean imagine having your birthday on christmas eve or christmas day!!  I met Lyn on one of the cardmaking forums years ago and as I said we may not be in touch all the time but I never forget :)



So please do pop over and join in and have a look back at your work this past year!

1 comment:

Julie said...

FAbulous choices Vicky!! Stunning creations! Wishing you a very happy 2012, hugs, Juliexx