Tuesday 13 December 2011

Last minute panic cards? Thank You Stampman!

OK so here I am breezing xmas coming so far, stress levels are normal and I'm feeling pretty confident.  I don't make xmas cards anymore except the odd one or two or if they're for charities so here's me happily resting on my laurels then Miss Moo brings home a handful of christmas cards from nursery then I start to get that sinking feeling....  So I may not make xmas cards for me anymore but its not right that my kids don't send them should they wish so overcome with a sense of guilt and rising panic I set to work on making Miss Moo's christmas cards!

The design had to be fairly simple and something that would be repeated 26 times over.  Considered a couple of images then realistically thought I'd still be here at new year if I were to colour knowing how fussy I am with colouring so I turned to an old friend - The Stampman.  I have tons and tons of Stampman stock including 90% of my inks and embossing powders so I chose them and found some snowflake cling stamps and made some backgrounds by randomly stamping and embossing in sparkly jewelled gold, kalidoscope and moonglow embossing powders.  I ummed and ahhed over the image, I didnt want to use my cuttlebug for 2 reasons - I have to cut 26 times and my c plate has snapped so is only 2/3rds size now so not going to push it!  Another rummage and I found a 2" circle scallop punch which was perfect but finding an image that suited the size was proving tricky.  I was just about giving up hope then the penny dropped that on ths month's Craft Stamper there is a circle xmas stamp designed by yep The Stampman free on the cover which fits PERFECT!  There job done!  Knocked out 26 of these in ONE EVENING!

So if you're also in a last minute panic looking for ideas here's my little cards (made mostly from scraps off my tealight boxes too!)  Thank You Stampman!!

I'll give you a quick step by step below with materials list :)  Not easy to get a good pic but they're VERY sparkly!


Girls cards were blue and silver

Boys cards were red and green


Card bases measure 3" square
Mounting layer 2 and 3/4" square
Embossed layer 2 1/2" square


Step 1 - Cut required strips of card 6" x 3" and fold in half.  Edge with a metallic pen (I used Letraset metallic markers)

Step 2 - Take a sheet of A4 card and randomly stamp snowflakes using versamark then emboss.  I used 3 sheets and chose a jewelled gold, kaleidoscope (holographic) and Moonglow Golden angel wings

Step 3 - trim some backing card to 2 and 3/4" square and mount this in a diamond shape on the front of the card.  Trim your embossed sheets to 2 and 1/2" square and use distress ink around the edges.  I used pine needles for the boys ones and broken china with stormy sky for the girls.  Adhere to the front of your card.

Step 4 - Use a 2" scallop punch and punch however many you need out then stamp and emboss the reindeer design which is free on craft stamper this month.  I used versamark and a jewelled gold and kaleidoscope embossng powder.  Again edge with distress ink then mount with 3d foam pads on the front.  Add a couple of gems to finish.

*I find it easier to stamp several out and emboss one after the other - Use a poky tool to keep them from blowing away!


Hope you've had a bit of inspiraton and if you're in a mad panic - Good Luck!!


I'd like to enter into...

Cheeful stamp pad - Xmas greeting as focal point
Bunny Zoes - Shaped cards
Crafty Boots - Xmas
Cupcake craft - sparkles shines
Heart song inspiratons - snowflakes
Hooked on crafts - xmas
House of Gilli - Red and gold
Make it monday - anything goes
Lexis - untraditional xmas
The pink elephant - sparkle and snowflakes
Papertake weekly - Im dreaming of a (blue) christmas

16 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Terrific cards, I love the reindeer stamp.

Mandy said...

Beautiful cards,love all the sparkle....I'm sure your children's friends will love them...Thanks for sharing with us at Hooked on Craft...
Mandy x

Donna said...

Such beautiful cards, fab design and beautiful sparkle! Thank you for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous work and yes, inspirational! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's creations this week.

Jenny said...

Beautiful work for someone who was in a panic!
I especially like the blue design.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

Dorcas said...

Ingenious design! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Bunny Zoe’s fancy fold challenge!
Hugs,
Dorcas
Ps) I have blog candy up in my sidebar. I’d love for you to come by and join in the fun!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous sparkle, love them, thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenge.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

These are so pretty, both lovely colours and I love the shape
Lindsay xx

Karen said...

A collection of wonderful cards hun.
Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
them on Make It Monday.

Frances said...

Beautiful card! Lovely details, Really pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant. Hugs, Frances.

Lin said...

How clever! I love something that can be knocked out in a hurry. I find myself standing there mulling over what I am gonna do and before I realise it the light has gone and I can't pick colours out and I end up hating ruddy Christmas cards! What a fabulous design.

Lin xx

Vicki Romaine said...

These are very nice Christmas cards. I love the square which is offset to the card. Thanks for joining "Christmas Greeting" aat the Cheerful Stmp Pad.

Joy said...

fabulous, thanks for playing with the pink elephant challenge! JOY DT

Juls said...

these are fab! Hugs Juls

Nasir said...

The design and the shaping of this card is very artistic.

Plastic gift cards
Plastic cards printing

Dee's Craft Room said...

All of the excitement of the past week or so has put me well behind, sorry. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and I would like to wish you and your family a very happy New Year.

Thank you for entering this Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne