Thursday 14 April 2011

Stargazer

Evening all! 

I'm taking a break from the dreaded week long spring clean but I did find a £20 note in my wardrobe before so don't feel too bad about it lol!
I wanted to show you this little beauty I recently got, she's called STARGAZER at Crafts & Me and is a digi stamp so you can get her today, no waiting! 
I'm a sucker for stars, love astronomy so the name really sold me plus she's a dream to colour.  I used promarkers and derwent coloursoft pencil then used a pastel blue in my letrajet airbrush going close to her then added some peel off stars and graduated out with the airbrush with shades of blue (pastel blue, sky blue, true blue, midnight blue and a bit of black)  I then removed the peel offs and matted on a really sparkly white card which has a multi-colour shimmer you cant really see.  I used that little group of 3 stars at the top as I wanted it to look like the fairy was commanding the stars :)
The sentiment is by funstamps and reads "Reach for the moon, if you don't make it you'll stll twnkle amongst the stars"  Lovely eh!

I've kept her simple as there is such a deep colour on the image she didn't need embellishment but she'd look lovely in lots of styles :)

Hope you like her as much as I do!

Would like to enter into...

Digital Tuesday - Female image




8 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely image - pity it isn't a stamp, lol. Stunning colouring - you've really done her justice!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, love this image. I'm thinking of going up and cleaning my wardrobes now lol. hugs Donna x

Amy Johnson said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Love crafts forever said...

OMGoodness! What a gorgeous colouring, love that Blue colors
Hugs Nataliya

Donna Mosley said...

OMW! Vix, this is absolutely stunning. Love your awesome colouring and amazing background.

Donna x

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful card Vixykins love the dreamy look of your background. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Andrea said...

Beautiful colouring - I love the way you have coloured the background and made use of the stars.
Love, Andrea xx

cockney blonde said...

Stunning Vix and the image is adorable. I'm defo gonna start spring cleaning if there is a chance of £20 notes hiding, lol, x