Thursday 21 April 2011

Pink & Sweet at Crafts and Me

Its Mona's turn to host our challenge this week over at Crafts and Me challenges and also the turn of the dynamite digi team to host.  Mona has chosen a fabulous theme which is a favourite of many (except Judie who I can see cringing from here ha!)  Letraset are sponsoring the challenge with a pack of 5 promarkers.

I'm having such a busy time lately.  We're having an extreme spring clean and so much stuff has been recycled, binned, freegled, cleaned.  We've gone through so many cleaning products and polishes and now I ache badlyyyyyy!  Having fibro when you're on a good day you tend to push yourself too much because youre on a good day but then pay for it the next with some lovely flares, the point at the back of my neck has been really bothersome so I'm hoping to just take some time out over easter to recover lol!

Onto my card and I've used a digi image by Sara Burrier called Poppy coloured with promarkers and glittered with glamour dust.  I added loads of layers for Cupcake challenge using the sketch from The Sweet Stop.  I even got my sewng machine back out and sewed all the layers too, wasn't too brave but I'm getting a bit more confident, only gnarled the needle once!  I added some buttons on but played safe with a glue dot!

I'd like to enter into...

Cupcake - Lots of layers
The sweet stop - Sketch & wings
Flutterby wednesday - open week
Paper Cutz - Buttons n Bows
Scrapbook sisters - Buttons
I love promarkers - anything goes
Freshly brewed - sparkle and shine
Ambers crafts - ribbons
Cooking it up with Katie - Flowers, pink, for a lady
Sew many cards - at least 1 flower, 1 button, 2dp
Papertake - spots and stripes
House of gilli - stripes and bling


Wings coloured with glue and glamour dust.

 Here's the promarkers I've used - Ivory, blush, vanlla, soft peach, sandstone, burnt sienna, umber, cocktail pink, salmon pink, cool grey 2 & 3, blender

BTW have you seen my promarker storage?  I got told about this storage solution which are these cd cases in tesco (£14.97) with slings and they fit an entire set!  Had to go out and buy one, isnt it a fab idea!  It also has a handle and locks!

 Before I say night night just wanted to show you these.  These are my 2 monkeys Ethan & Molly.  Mols has got her 1st black eye!  She dives off things and is always jumping and bouncing, a real live wire but other day she was in my room and was pretending to be a bunny saying hop hop hop and tripped and hit right between her eyes on my sideboard - ouchhhhhh!  It didnt half swell up quick and fortunately I keep cool gel packs in the fridge so managed to get the swelling down.  She's been let with a black eye off it - ahhhhh!

In this pic they're fighting over who's turn it is to say Cheese!  She was shouting MY CHEESE at Eefie here lol!

 And here's our blackbirds nest with 3 diddy chicks taken on Sunday whilst mum and dad were out.  Will post update pics as and when its appropriate without disturbing them, arent they adorable!
And finally our resident hedgehog is back!  Heard him snuffling about last night and left some cat food out for him and waited.  He didnt come but the cat food had gone in the morning.  We've just been put again and caught a glimpse so left him a little more and he came over within 5 mins and filled his face!  No pics yet as he's still a bit timid.

So I'm off to bed in a clean house and a happy smile! x

22 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your card is sooo pretty,
Your kids are soooo cute,
Your baby birds are sooo adorable,
Your hedgehog is sooo prickly,
Your pen set is wonderful and you would be lucky to still have it if I lived around the corner...lol...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous card. I like stitching, and all that layers looks awesome. And yes image are stunning.
PS. Nice photos too.
Hugs Nataliya

Louise said...

Love the peach colours you have used and the large ribbon looks fab,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Louise xx

Made by Mandy said...

Ooh poor little one with a black eye, Mind you I suppose if she's always running about she's been lucky not to get one before.

Love your cute baby blackbirds, how special you must feel with blackbirds and a likkle hedgiehog in your garden.

The Promarker case looks good for a more portable storage solution. I tend to colour downstairs but have taken to leaving my Promarkers down there for the time being a I CBA to keep moving it up and downstairs all the time LOL

Love Mandy xxx

Scattychick said...

She is beautiful Vix. I have been overdoing it with the spring cleaning the past few days too I have a full on fibro stoop atm finding it hard to stand straight but at least the house looks good lol

Nannieflash said...

Hi Vixy, what a gorgeous card I do love those images really must try and get around to using mine.
Wow your poor daughter they always managed to get one bruise on their face at least once in their young lives.
I hope you dont have any cats around as that nest is just right for them if they find it. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hey Vix! It was really worth while to wait on your card, hun. It is really gorgeous! Love the ribbon. So nice with the hearts on it. Your colouring allways is perfect. Beautiful! Hugs...Mona

Angie said...

Great card love the image and the colours, look forward to seeing your chick updates thanks for joining us at PTW
Angie x

Karen said...

Great card Vix, thanks for joinnig us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Linda Wescott said...

Fabulous card, super bow too. Your kids are adorable, sorry about your darling accident - I'm sure it won't hold her up any. I have to get me a tesco cd case for my promarkers. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's Ribbons & Bows challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

Yone said...

Wow your card is gorgeous ! Love your coloring and the glittered wings ! Tks for playing with us at the House of GILLI Challenge this week ! Hugs, Yone

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card. Good luck ih the challenge:)
sherrie k
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

tiggertastic said...

wow i loved reading your blog post today, love the card and your shading on the dress is perfect

sarah x

Unknown said...

What a sweet & pretty card! Love the gorgeous colors and pretty details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Goos Luck! Hugs & Sunshine! /Sari

Janice M said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at The Sweet Stop.

Karen said...

Beautiful! THanks for joining us at House of Gilli! : )

katesacraftybugger said...

wow , beautiful colouring - we have the exact same storage for our promarkers- its fantastic is nt it ?Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

Lin said...

Fabulous idea for the promarker storage!

Your kiddies are just too cute for words, and so are the little birdies.

The card is gorgeous. Lovely soft shades, and those flowers are lush. I'm presuming they are also from the QVC outlet buy?? I was put off of these on the telly by the bright yellow ones! Are they as loud in real life

Lin xx

Julie said...

Love the promarker storage Vix, I'll have to look out for it next time I'm in Tescos.
Lovely pics too.
Your card is fab,I like all the layers and stitching, such a sweet image too.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Julie W x

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Gorgeous card. I love fairies!

Thank you for joining the Ribbons & Bows Challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Sue U said...

Lovely card, stunning colouring!! thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge

Good luck in raising the chicks!!

Sue xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

What a great post!!!! Love all of the pics and stories you shared. your card is tooo sweet! I love the pinks and the beautiful image

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges Sparkle and Shine challenge!

Heather Dennis
Fresh Brewed Designs
John 3:16