Monday 14 March 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge - Make your own papers

Oooh its all exciting over at Crafty Cardmakers spotlight challenges this fortnight!  Firstly we've moved!  Crafty Cardmakers challenges will run as usual but the spotlight challenges now have their very own blog to develop a bit more!  They do lean towards the more challenging of challenges, you'll never see a 'Use Pink' here, well not unless we're challenges teamie Judie to haha!

New blog is here - Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenges

We also have some new teamies added to the existng team just to throw in some more diversity and skills and these are...


I'm sure you'll agree a talented bunch from newbies up to more veteran!

The new challenge which was set by Josephine is to Make our own designer papers - A breeze for me but perhaps a bit more of a challenge for others who rely upon those scrummy patterned papers you buy!  If you've thought about giving it a whirl then now you can take the plunge!  There is also a fab prize from The Stamping Boutique up for grabs who have a wide range of digi stamps for all tastes, I just adore their enchanted line!

I've used one from that line for this challenge, this one is called Hidden.  I've coloured with promarkers and colour soft pencil and added 3d gloss to the flowers with a sprinklng of fairy dust (glamour dust!)  Papers are made with cosmic shimmers which I got from Stampman, one of the greens and one of the purples.  I've stamped the hero arts flower I used on friday and embossed with moonglow embossing powder (midnight violet)  Bottom panel is dry embossed with one of the new embossing plates I got locally.

Hope you will come over and challenge yourself to make your own papers, its very rewarding!


Would also like to enter into...




19 comments:

gillyflower said...

wow vix love this gorgeous image and such lovely bp i do love the colour purple really yummy
gill x

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful card. lovely background and love that image. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning card Vix. :o)

Donna x

Julie said...

Gorgoues card, Vix! The colours are divine and so is the image!! I love your shine and depth on the flowers too!! Juliexx

Karina said...

Wow, your card is amazing, Vix. Love this selfmade paper. Looks so great, and how inspirative. Perhaps I'll give a try. It would be a challenge definitely.
Hugs, Karina

Christy Dillman said...

WOW this is aboslutly GORGEOUS, fabulous job!

Hugs,
Christy
TSB Challenge Coordinator

Anonymous said...

gorgeous dp and beautifully coloured image....and thank you for the welcome on to the DT - Im looking forward to the coming challenges!

Jane said...

ooh! ar! Another booty me ol' fruit...way too clever xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vix, I love how you've used the sketch and your dps are fabulous! I love making my own too, it's hugely satisfying. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us at Crafty Ann's.
Ann x

Janet said...

Super card! Love all the dimension and texture you have introduced. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! Wish I'd done this spotlight now I've seen these gorgeous images. xx

Jen said...

Great backing papers and a super image. Thank you for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge this week.
Jen x

iReneM said...

This is gorgeous and so vibrant.
A beautiful image and great use of the sketch.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
x

Janis Lewis said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Jenifer said...

Really beautiful...I love it! Thank you for joining us at paper playtime for our March challenge!

Jen
Honeybean Creations
http://huffinatorshangout.blogspot.com

Vicky said...

Hi hun gorgeous card your colouring is awesome I love the image its lush.
Thank you for joining us girls over at CPF Challenges, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

tiggertastic said...

i always fall in love with your card, they are just perfect and so special

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Creative Card Crew ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Eiglas said...

I'm defo going (..even more..)do-lally this week Vix! I'd swear I'd commented on not just your project but several others and they've all disappeared!
Think I need a shrink...!
Anyway...the fact is that you have this colouring talent that just goes on and on!
Green & purple - probably my favourite combo of all time and you have made it even more special with your own brand of shading and your choice of images. I just LOVE those 'Hearts on a String' - so pretty and dimensional.
Love those background papers you've made tool - exactly right for this project.
Superb card Hunni.
Hugs
Ei
x

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card and love how you did the flowers! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique!