Friday 25 March 2011

Anything Sir T!m of Holtz goes at The Stampman

Theres a new challenge at The Stampman this fortnight and we'd like to see Anything Tim!  For this I used quite a number of Tim's products, I don't have any stamps so improvised!
I started with a box canvas Ive had for about 3 years lol!  I built up some colour with distress inks in broken china and wild honey which make a lovely green when mixed and dried with a heatgun between coats.  I've added streaks of acrylic daubers again drying then used the flourish die cut as a stencil and applied gold painty swirls.  The corners are distress crackle paint and I've literally thrown some white pearl paint on and heated till it bubbled (I was outside in the sunshine with my heatgun btw!)  Added some black dots with sequin waste.

The embellishments are quite personal.  The key is from one of my MANY house moves when I just want to stay put.  The mini domino is from my huge collection of various shapes and sizes, I'm always looking in charity shops for old ones :D  The flowers I pressed myself, they're proper naff but I love them coz they're so naff.  The buttons were white and I altered them with distress ink and I had to add the shrink plastic at the bottom to give Janey and Jill a laugh.  I'm RUBBISH at shrink plastic and these were an attempt (or 3) of shrinking one of tim's flourishes.  I thought I'd include them as well why not, I'm rubbish at it and this canvas is quite personal.  I dont have a lot of altered nick nacks and this is my first go so be gentle lol!
Heated acrylic making it bubble and giving texture


The crackle paint, thrown on paint and naff flowers :)
And my rubbish shrink plastic, I thought they deserved a place :)

Tim Holtz/Sizzix flourish die (Used as stencil and rubbish shrink plastic)



So come on girls and guys, drag that Tim stuff out and show The Stampman what you're made of!

14 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is fantastic!

Lizzy said...

WOW I luv this creation it's fabulous

xx Lizzy xx :)

Jacki Daniels said...

Hiya this is fab love the colours and the grungy look well done
Jacki xx

jojoscraps said...

No need to go gentle. This rocks! I love the way all the elements have meaning for you. Very Tim Holst!
Jo xx

Jane said...

What a 'Clever Pants' you are...sure 'Timmy' would love this xxx

Anonymous said...

great texture and interest on this canvas

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

This is really soooo cool! I loooove Tim Holtz stuff. He is the KING!

One of my commenting numbers has not linked back to us and i have nicely told her to do so. I have also told her if she are having trouble linking back to us, she should make contact with you and you would help her. This since i am away on my honeymoon next week and i am not sure if i will get a hold of a computer. Just so you are aware of it in case she contacts you. Hugs...Mona

Rita said...

Love it, a true work of art really fantastic. Hugs Rita xx

tiggertastic said...

this is so amazing, love the rustic edge to this

hope you are having a good weekend, sarah x

Helen Anderson said...

That's superb Vix, well done! T!m would be very pleased with your creation xx

The Stamp Man said...

This is a brilliant project Vix and great that you've made it so personal to you. It is so funny about the shrink plastic!! We're gonna have to get you conquering that one aren't we? Long thin pieces are always dodgy though:)

I hope you'll make more of these now.

Jill x

gillyflower said...

love it vix would never know it's your first attempt at this sort of stuff i'm new to it too but it's great fun as who's to say what is right or wrong with it. it's your design you might have wanted your scrolls to look mangled we would never have known if you hadn't told us lol
i love it
gill x

Lin said...

This is amazing, even including the shrink plastic that didn't quite finish shrinking by the look of it!

When I think of all the things over the years that I have thrown away, such as old keys and the like I could cry. Who knew one day we would want to be sticking them on scrapbook LOs and the fronts of cards!

Lin xx

Juls said...

oooooh wow!!! This is just gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls