Thursday 24 March 2011

Anything Goes at Crafts & Me

Over at Crafts and Me Challenges we have a big change!  We are now going to run the challenges weekly and we also have a brand new digital team too!  My team; the Dynamite Digis have 5 new teamies so please pop over and welcome the awesome talent!  We are hosting this week and the Rockin Rubbah team will be hosting next week. 
We are running an Anything Goes just so you know we're now weekly and remember to come visit us!

For this challenge I tore my hair out, seriously ha!  I started my design as pink and yellow as there are a few spring colour themes around this week and made a lovely base then coloured in my image which is Forever Rose digital by Hannah Lynn and you know what I'm like for my dark bolds, she kinda changed from a pale pink and yellow to violet and gold lol!  So time ticking on and I am so busy this week I had no time to recolour and stick to the pink and yellow so I decided it would be easier making another base for her so I pulled some papers together and then decided to make a twisted easel which I haven't made before!  Why do I do it to myself!!  I can make easels no problem but the twisted ones the flowers sit a different way etc and it takes a little adjustment to get used to them.  The clock was screaming at me by now and I know I'd said I'd do Lexi's Challenge which is ribbon with no bows or knots.  Sounded interesting but its a thinking challenge and prob not one when I've spent 3 hours making a card and I'm short of time but hey I'm ME so I met that challenge lol!  I secured a length of gold sparkly ribbon, you know the type that doesn't stick, under neath the flowers only it wouldnt stick so I then had to hunt my silicone glue out **again** 
I seem to be on a perpetual hunt for my silicone glue.  I ALWAYS find it in the back of my box of glue dots as thats a logical place to keep it yes?  Only my memory is that chronic I forget I've put it in this logical place! DOH!

Now because I have some pretty chunky flowers there I decided I didn't want more flowers on
the top of the card so opted for some die cut lettering.  So I used one of the Tim Holtz alterations alphabets, you know the ones that the cutting boards turn into bananas - actually I saw that happen on C&C and had a good chuckle as they tried to hide it lol!  I secured the lettering which is a mother of pearl colour with my now found silicone glue and added a 6m iridescent gem to dot the i!

So here's my humble offering for Crafts and Me anything goes challenge!  Please do come and play and make me feel better haha!

BTW The text around the image I did myself in PSP x

Would also like to enter into the following!

17 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Well worth the effort! I looks stunning. Way to go!
Love n hugs
marie

Anonymous said...

how gorgeous!

Juls said...

this is just amazing!!! Love how you have coloured her hair!

Hugs Juls

Jane said...

OMG!OMG!OMG! This is totally AWESOME (kids speak!!)x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love her hair it looks great!

Thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Paddington fan said...

This is lovely & your twisted ribbon is great! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time for our 'ribbons without bows & knots' challenge and good luck, hugs Jacky x

Sue B said...

Wow! fab card! I love the colouring on the image and great colour combo. Stunning card!

Sue xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

it looks fabulous well worth the lost hair!

tiggertastic said...

wow that hair is so pretty (very much like my own colouring lol) excellent papers and your wording down the side is just perfect

another stunning hunny

hope you have a good weekend, sarah x

jojoscraps said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous card. Your colors and coloring are fantastic. I really like this image.
Jo xx

Dotpat said...

Love this Vix, your colouring is fab

Jenni said...

Gorgeous Vix, love the image and colours and particularly the twisted easel design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creative Inspirations.
Jenni x

Lexi said...

Stunning! Everything about your creation is just perfect:D Thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

hugs Lexi xxx

Lou Sims said...

WOW what a briliant card and it really fits in with our challenge this week. Many thanks for playing along with Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Lou
x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card darling!!
Thank You for joining us at Lexi's Creations xx

Lin said...

I wish I lived closer Vix, I would be up to you for a masterclass in colouring, particularly hair. Your's is always so alive.

Gorgeous layout and I love the funky twisting shape, need to have a go at one of these myself.

Lin xx

Teresa said...

Hi Vix, It's a fabulous card, I just thought I'd pop by and let you know you won the Lexi challenge, I saw your name at the top! Congrats, hugs Teresa xx