Monday 23 August 2010

Crafty Cardmakers challenge 28 - Video Inspiration Lady Gaga

Its challenge time again over at Crafty Cardmakers and we're having a bit of fun and dong something a bit whacky this fortnight! I'm often asked as I'm sure many of you are "Where do you get Inspiraton?" Well for me aside from around blogger and craft stamper I often use music and video. There have been plenty of song title challenges before so we are doing a video one!

The video I chose is Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. This is one of the most viewed videos ever on you tube so it can't be bad! I only saw it quite recently and was immediately drawn to the colours, the bling and parts such as the shoes reminded me of Susie Sugar who has also humoured me and sponsored the challenge! The crazy hair she has I thought of Kraftin Kimmie stamps straight away, the hats she wears remind me of castles and lavinia stamps so on so forth!

Susie is sponsoring the challenge with approx £10 worth of her fabulous shoe die cuts and s also a guest designer for us too!




For this challenge at Crafty Cardmakers I picked out the black and diamonds and kept being drawn to the Red Hearts stamp by sweet pea. Using part of the video where she is wearing a black costume surrounded by diamonds I've coloured in promarkers, have used black glitter and glamour dust on the wings, glamour dust again around the edge of the image. The DP across the centre is glittered as is the ribbon and I've used glittery and iridescent sticky gems. I used nail gems on the bodice and for the hearts which are coloured black. To finish it has a spray of dazzling diamonds glimmer mist.

This is the part of the video I drew inspiration from :)


Hope you can come over and join in a bit of fun! BTW my steasel card in the sidebar comes from Marilyn Manson's Tainted Love video but I didn't think many would appreciate using that one lol!

Entering into...

Magical Monday - Flowers

My time to craft - Glitter & Glitz

Pocket Full of Posies - Winged Things

Creative Card Crew - Sparkle & Shine

Stampin for the weekend - Anything goes


Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Dotpat said...

Love your card Vix

Lau W said...

Wow ! very good idea ! and what a nice creation, love love love !
Oh and i love lady Gaga !
xxx

CraftyC said...

What a gorgeous card and this weeks theme is just brilliant. A beautiful calendar!
Clairexx

Ms. Jen said...

Love your card! The coloring is fantastic. I like Gaga's video too. It's disturbingly beautiful in it's own way - LOL I also really like your steasel card. Never heard of them before. That truly is a disturbing video but intense too. Great job on both these cards. Very inspiring!

Scrap Affair said...

I have to say WOW! Lady Gaga fascinating person and very artistic-perfect for scrap inspiration! :)

Josephine said...

That's a fabulous calendar, Vix. You know I love the image, and she looks great in black.

Anonymous said...

I love this image and this is a great easel. xx

Made by Mandy said...

Fabulous card Vix and I love having the video as an inspiration, Lady Ga Ga is just so individual and amazing, this particular video is a work of art.

Your cards have so many facets, just like the video so it is a perfect match.

Cath Wilson said...

Beautifully coloured, as ever, Vix. Lovely.

Lin said...

Gorgeous Vix. Marries up with the section of video you chose beautifully.

You know I am not a lover of glitter but that black glitter really pops. Might have to find myself some of that!

Lin xx

Cor* said...

Vix this is so great! LOVE everthing about it. Great sketch for the top and you always have something fun for the bottom! I loved this challenge.

crafty amy said...

What a great challenge and this card/ calendar is just perfect for it :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Unknown said...

love it Vixy, pop over to mine have a little something for you hun xx (yep, still on my arse)

Jayne Hayward said...

Great easel card and love the image you have used. The black works really well.

Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday Challenge

Jayne xx

Annie said...

fabulous image on your card and I love the monotone look! thanks for joining in with us on Magical Mondays!
hugs, annie x

Mummylade said...

stunning project! Thank you so much for entering the SFTW challenge, good luck!

Marjo said...

Great card! Love the Lady Gaga inspiration..reminds me I gotta go create...lol

Hugs Marjo

Distressed Miss said...

Gorgeous card Vix. Love the inspiration and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Magical Monday.
Hugs
Clare
x

Marjo said...

Hi Vix,

I love your card, and of course your blog! I must say that I just went GAGA over this video inspiration. Fantabulous idea!!!! We may have to try something similar over at Kona Kid Krafter's, I think the Kiddo's would love it. Hope you do more of them. The format allows for endless interpretations!! Did I spell that right? I love it!!!

Hugs to you, Marjo

Victoria said...

This is a gorgeous card - thank you so much for joining us this challenge on magical mondays.

i particularily love the inspiraton, adore that song x