Saturday 27 February 2010

Sweet Pea meets Starburst Stains

Here's the first of two Bind It All books I've made this week. Finished this one off today, originally she had a yellowy blonde hair but it just did not go with the lilac and teal so I changed her hair to brown and felt a lot happier with it! Dreadful pics I'm afraid, I shall try and do them when we actually get some daylight lol!
Went for a pale dusky lilac with this one, used blossom and the lilac. For the wings I saturated them with the blender and pushed colour in from the outer edges and went over with a copic spica clear pen. The background is painted with starburst stains in fern green and bluebells, their sparkly effects can be seen on bottom pic.
The ribbon at the bottom is also dyed with starburst stains. The book covering is yes you've guessed it starburst stains lol! As I ofetn mix and scrunch and make up batches I often forget what colours I used but I suspect its Mermaid seashells.

Quite like the softer look with this stamp. Got another sweet pea BIA book coming up which I'm just finishing off. Next time I'm going to switch and do the mermaids in softer tones and do this one in much bolder, I like all the different looks, bit like changing the wardrobe :D

Sweet Pea stamps are available in the UK exclusively to Crafts and Me or check out the main Sweet Pea site if you live elsewhere.

Entering this into....


Flutterby Wednesday - Open week
C.R.A.F.T - Ribbons & Sparkle






15 comments:

Randi said...

Beautiful Sweet Pea creation!! I love your use of color on this! I am a big fan of Lindy's Stamp Gang products. I have the stains, but not the Starbursts. I may have to do a little shopping! ;o)
Thanks for playing along with the FBW challenge this week!

PinksyDoodles said...

This is beautiful. Your colouring is great and I love the ribbon flower - that must have been so fiddly to make.
Clare x

Claire said...

What a gorgeous little book, those colours work so well together and the ribbon flower finshes it off beautifully
Claire xx

Teresa said...

wow! this is georgous so pretty a wonderful creation, My daughters would love this. Just might have to give this a try!!
Luv Teresa xx

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday :)

andrea said...

fab book,great image thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
andrea

Anonymous said...

I just love this little creation Vix....
Great job with the colouring and fantastic work with the ribbons

Just gorgeous....
x
Vicky

Danni said...

Wonderful project! Such pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Juls said...

wow this is gorgeous!! Love the colours and all the fab ribbons! such an amazing project! Hugs Juls

The Stamp Man said...

Your book is lovely , very pretty colours. Do I spot scrunched May Day Meadows for the actual cover? Looks like that set to me, lovely!!

Jill

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Absolutely STUNNING creation! Love the hair the way it is here and just everything about this is gorgeous!
Thank you so much for Fluttering with us this week so I got to see it!

Trimgym said...

Great book, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our Ribbon and Sparkle challenge at C.R.A.F.T. Great project - beautiful! Cheers Claire x

Micki said...

Wow that is absolutely beautiful.

Angela Toucan said...

wow, sucha pretty note book