Thursday 11 February 2010

I (love) promarkers new challenge

I (love) promarkers is back with a WEEKLY challenge yay! They've started with a sketch and to use pink and brown on your design.

The image I went for was the new Sweet Pea stamp - Black rose fairy. I wanted to see how she looked in softer colours. I coloured with promarkers using several shades of pink from pale pink, rose pink & dusky rose through to antique pink. The browns I used vanilla, cocoa, chestnut and henna. Went over the wings & eyebrows with copic spica clear.

For the background I swiped with the edge of cut n dry foam using adirondack lemonade and pink sherbet then dabbed the edges with brilliance coffee bean. Added some iridescent sticky gems for dimension.

Background papers are courtesy of my stampin up rep Helen (I think 2 are DCWV Once upon a time but she'd know more than me!) and the sentiment is from The Stampmans butterfly beauties set.

Searched everywhere for a dusky rose type ribbon then reverted to my trusty old white satin and coloured it with a dusky rose promarker. Yellow gems are prima pearls.



Entering this into...

I love Promarkers - Sketch & use pink & brown

Flutterby Wednesday - Theme of love how you perceive it (I love these stamps!)

20 comments:

Danni said...

hehehe, I almost used a stamp for my challenge and was going to say that I loved it too...great minds think alike!
Gorgeous and oh so stunning card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Nancy said...

I love the colors that you chose...your Sweet Pea stamp is gorgeous!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!

LISA said...

Stunning!!! Love your card, Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Hugs Lisa xx

Teresa said...

A really girlie card with those beautiful colours...
Teresa x

Karen said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous, I love the stamp and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers and good luck!
xx

Dana C (KyStamper) said...

Beautiful card. I love those Sweet Pea stamps !!

Cassie said...

this is absolutely beautiful! stunning! thanks for fluttering with us !

Mirabelka said...

marvellous

Dotpat said...

Love your colouring on this Vix, love the stamp too, have just ordered some of these too

WeirdCat said...

Absolutely gorgeous and great colouring, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
Ruth x

hazel said...

This is a great card Vix. I love the colours you've used. xxx Hazel.

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, that's really lovely. Gorgeous colours.

Lynsey said...

Wow what a wonderful card! That image is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge.
Hugs Lynsey x

Lynsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

A beautiful card, the image is stunning, and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Julie x

Liz's creative corner said...

Your card is gorgeous, love the colours you have used and your colouriong is fab, not used pro markers yet, thanks for your lovely comment I should be able to do stitching I sew for a living, he he,hugs Liz xx

Helen Dooley said...

What a beautiful card.

Marion said...

Stunning card. I love that image and the colouring is superb.
Marion

Vicki's Blog said...

This is a beautiful card love how you have used your ribbon.
Vicki

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Clever use of the markers Vix. You've created a real 3D effect. Gorgeous card. x