Wednesday 24 February 2010

Eeeeek card for a bloke & Fankoo fankoo!


My friend Donna has a great challenge blog dedicated to cards for men which is something I run away from screaming usually! However times do call for me to make a bloke card (can you see me squirming!) Time to face the fears as its my OH's birthday today - Happy Birthday Boo!
Cards for Men want to see GREEN for their challenge which is one of my favourites to work with as I have a few shades to choose from. Flicking through my stash of digi stamps I settled on this one which is super dragon by Dustin Pike. OH likes flying things so made sense. Ummed and ahhhed over which shades of green to use, I didnt want it too kiddyish so steered away from the brighter green family and settled on one of my favourite combos of Lime zest, pear green, marsh green and moss. Used the brighter green on the spikes.
Background DP is a printout from designer extremes volume 3.
Entering this for
Quixotic - One for the boys


And also a HUGE HUGE FANKOO MUCHLY to Passion for Promarkers who have again awarded me their Top 3 blinkie for my Spring Challenge Card! Thats 3 times now and I'm really chuffed!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your dragon. And no surprise you are in the top 3 - your colouring is amazing. Jack xx

Donnas Den said...

Hi Vix,

Great to see you joining in with us over at Cards For Men. Hope it's a regular stop.

Love the card, image and colouring. I've got loads of Dustin Pikes and to my shame, I don't think I've used any of them yet.

Take care,

Donna xx

cockney blonde said...

Another lovely card Vix and your colouring is to die for, x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the superhero dragon and it so perfect for a chap.
luv
Debby

Nannieflash said...

No thats my superman, love it and any lad would as well. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyx

Unknown said...

Hi hun! Hows you? Well done on the top 3 at PfP-well deserved! Love love love this card-this image is fab and as usual you've coloured it so perfectly! Thanks for joining us this week at Quixotic Challenges. Hope to see you next time too:) Hugs, Rowena

Lisa Jane said...

what a fun card and the great use of green
Lisa ;)

Marion said...

Fabulous card Vix, Love that image and the colours are superb. Well done on getting the top 3 three times. Way to go. Must also say thanks for tutorials as after watching them purchased some PM's and did 2 cards which I was pleased with. Will work on the blending.
Marion

Cindy Groh said...

Cute card. Great job with the challenge.