Sunday 3 January 2010

More cards from The Stampman show

If you're looking for The Stampman blog hop just scroll a bit further down or click here!

Finally getting round to showing some more cards from the stampman show from 28th Nov. Hopefully santa may have delivered some starburst stains for you so I hope I can show you some of the different ways to use them!


CARD 1

I've stamped and embossed the bling maiden from the butterfly beauties stamp set and coloured the skin with promarkers then I've use Wisteria purple blue
to paint the hair and used some to make panels and stamped the smaller stamps from the set. Mounted on silver mirri board and I've edged round the image with a blue ink using some cut n dry foam.



CARD 2

This is such a lovely colour - opal sea oats from the Mermaid sea shells set of starburst stains. I've used it on the base of the easel and the background panel. The bling maiden this time has been stamped on acetate then I cut the hair out, added some double sided sticky then the gold leafing and added it on top of a previously stamped image so the hair is gold leafed. I also used strips of double sided sticky around the edge and added more gold leafing.

CARD 3
Well its not a card lol! Its a notebook I made Jill using the Japanese Gardens starburst stains. I used the Black orchid silver for the base of the book and painted the bling maiden with helitrope purple plum (yum yum!) I've embossed some swirls in the corner with razzleberry plum moonglow EP

CARD 4
This is one of my favoured gatefold cards using the Sea mint green from the mermaid seashells set. The panel on the front is made with the starburst fairies stamp set stamped on acetate and embossed and gold leaffed on the back. The inside I used the sea mint green doing a scrunch technique and the panel is also from the fairies sheet stamped with stazon timber brown onto acetate and gold leaffed. The tiny fairies are embossed.



10 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

OOH, Vix, i am DROOLING. i love the way the colours came out in the YELLOW card. they're all so pretty! i SO want to play with this stuff!

Christine said...

Vix, I am with Leah on this, I am drooling too. I can't choose a favourite as they are all gorgeous.
Christine xx

Kimmi said...

gorgeous card. I love the colour choices, and your opal sea oats one is just stunning! Love the stamp you've used! The little fairies are cute too!

Hugs

Kimmi x

Sarah Anderson said...

Crikey, you've been busy. They're all gorgeous. Love the gold leafing, and the yellows :)

lisa said...

Hi Vix. These are truly gorgeous cards.
Happy New Year to you.

Lisax

Claire said...

What stunning cards Vix,
Love em all
xx

Neet said...

Beautiful cards Vix, I love the colours on the second one but I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vix, these look delish... I still get a bit confused with them, but knowing your around to give advice and explination, I feel better..
All these card's look beautiful, and I will be back often for help and advice...as it's a whole new ball game for me...
I still have the Create and Craft show from these, so now everything's back to normal, I have time to go over it again...
x
Vicky

Lilian said...

Vix, your cards are just amazingly beautiful! Theyellow with golf leafing is my fave :)

Sherry said...

Hi Vix, love your blog, so glad I found it! Your cards are all fantastic - now I'm off to have a look at some of your tutorials.