Monday 11 January 2010

Crafty Cardmakers #12 - What's New?

Gosh dont the weeks fly by! We're onto challenge 12 at Crafty Cardmakers which is a blog designed for newer and less experienced cardmakers, papercrafters and bloggers so pop on over if you fit the bill! Even if you're not new you can join in but I do like to see you trying something new or different to challenge YOURSELF!

So what's new?? Well I found these fabulous colouring pages over the weekend by Selina Fenech. I've long admired her fairies artwork and spotted she has some free (yes FREE!!) colouring pages to play with whoop whoop! I've coloured this one called Daisy with promarkers using greys to add shadows and coloured the wings with a copic spica glitter pen. I've edged using a brilliance (peacock) inkpad and used my new sewing machine! I'm getting a little bit neater with that now!
Background papers are My Minds Eye and Moonglow starburst stains which are also sewn on. The charm is blog candy I won a couple of weeks ago on Stampin for the weekend blog. I added a sticky gem coloured gold to the centre of the daisy for a bit of bling. The ribbon is also new from my secret santa :D

I'm also entering this into....
Colour Create - Lemon & Lime
Papertake - New beginnings
Crafty Catz - Bright & Sparkly


16 comments:

Danni said...

How very pretty!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vix, I got the page up but what do I do?
Vicky

Beautiful card!!!!!

Juanita said...

Oh, this is beautiful. Thanks for being a part of our first challenge.

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

Kimberly S said...

What a lovely card, and such a beautiful faerie you used! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Nancy said...

Gorgeous fairy...your coloring is amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Vix
A gorgeous card the image is beautiful,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Vix
Love the image, beautiful colouring and details. Thanks for joining us for the Colour Create Challenge.

Karen x

Juls said...

wow!! this image is stunning!! Love all your gorgeous colour tinting! Hugs Juls

carol said...

Hi, oh wow the image is gorgeous and for FREE you say..
thanks for playing along with cc this week, x carol

Carol Q said...

gorgeous, beautifully coloured and embellished. i'm off to have a look at the fairy pages.

Leah l'Orange said...

Vix - she's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! thanks for sharing the link, i need to check her stuff out!

love your colour scheme on this, and that little dangly charm is fab!

Neet said...

I say it every time "lovely colouring in" but I am so in awe of your technique. Another beautiful piece.

Stampin Mindy said...

What a beauty! I love those yellow roses. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy!

Made by Mandy said...

Gorgeous colouring as per usual. You are so very talented.

Thanks for the link to that gorgeous site. I must admit I'm not one for fantasy normally but she has some lovely images, especially the butterfly fairies.

Deanne said...

What an absolutely beautiful card! I love all of your embellishments and details. And of course your colouring is awesome! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

xx-Deanne

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oh My! That image is stunning! She's beautifully coloured too. Gorgeous layout and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx