Tuesday 19 January 2010

I think I like Angels & Fairies :)

Most of my things have wings! I must be a collector of angels and fairies and especially love the Selina Fenech ones and have used one of her free colouring pages again. This one is "Angel of Compassion" coloured with promarkers and I've used shimmerz (pixie dust) on the wings. Funnily enough I do have shimmerz angel wings but its a bit pearly whereas pixie dust dries clear and I prefer that :-)
I used brilliance ink around the image pressing harder in places to create a cloudy type effect.

The background is Voodoo Purple Blue from the Mardi Gras set of Starburst Stains which you'll find here Jill from The Stampman demo'ed the set on Saturdays C&C show as they now have the starburst sprays. Hope you managed to catch it as it was an excellent show of techniques!
I've cuttlebugged a piece coloured with the purple using the cuttlebug birthday folder for the background.

The ribbon I got from secret santa (Vicki) and the mulberry flowers Ive had forever but am learning new ways to use them thanks to all the works I see on blogger (Esp Tab!)

I'm entering this into the following and thanks for looking x

Crafty Catz - Birthdays (Background is embossed with birthday folder)
Flutterby Wednesday - Open week
Mixed Media Monday - Wings (Used starburst stains, promarkers, brilliance ink & Shimmerz)


9 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

I KNOW I like angels and fairies ;) Love this card, the image is beautiful x

Juls said...

wow!! this is so elegant! what a fantastic card! Hugs Juls

Danni said...

What a beautiful image!! and a very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!!

Kimberly S said...

Such a gorgeous angel and a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Sandy said...

Wow this is magical.
Really gorgeous.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
hugs Dianne xx

Janny said...

Lovely!

Diane said...

Beautiful! And I think a lot of us are a little obsessed with things with wings :-) Diane

carol said...

hello, such a lovely card, thanks for playing along with crafty catz, x carol