Monday 6 September 2010

Clean & Simples at Crafty Cardmakers

Its a Clean & Simples theme over at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight and the team have made some absolutely beautiful samples! I must say as much as love my papers and embellishments sometimes its just nice to do something straightforward and let the image do all the work :)
Its not actually my turn to play this week but I couldn't resist once my new Lili of the Valley stamps arrived and I saw that Secret Crafter, Sparkle Creations and Paper Players had the same theme so I'm playing too! This is my first one of the year too :)

Image is by Lili of the Valley and is coloured with promarkers, Ive used 2 shades of blue around the edge then the blender pen to merge them. Kept very simples with this one and added sakura stardust clear pen on the tinsel to make it sparkly, glaze pen on the baubles and stickles glue around the edge of the card. Mounted on gold and white cardstock with a couple of iridescent sticky gems :)

Would like to also enter into...

Secret Crafter - Clean & Simple
Sparkle Creations Christmas Card Challenges - Clean & Simple
Paper Players - Clean & Simple
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Christmas
Cowgirls Sunday - Anything goes




20 comments:

Jane said...

I am able to see into the future...I see...wait...the image is becoming clearer...I see...I see...a trip to LOTV!! This is gorgeous...thanks for helping to spend my pennies wisely XX

Wishcraft said...

Aww soooo cute - adorable card! And fancy blaming me for your spending habits missis! I don't know... hmmph ;o) Lisa x

Dotpat said...

I like it Vix, love the way you have gone round the image

Anonymous said...

I can see why you couldn't resist this stamp - he's gorgeous. Brilliant card. xx

Josephine said...

That's lovely, Vix. Now I know what all the LOTV comments were about. (I didn't look before - spent enough money lately.)

Pink Dandelion said...

Gorgeous card Vix, love this cute LOTV stamp and your shading is fab. How on earth did you get your stickles in such a straight line, mine would have been all over the place. Debs xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww gorgeous card, fabulous colouring of this super cute image, sue,x

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

Nicki said...

Awww, how adorable is he! You've coloured him beautifully, it really works with the CAS style.

Hoping to get the Harrogate show at the weekend so this little fella might just fall into my basket!

Hugs, Nicki, x

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, too cute! That image is just adorable. So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, this is so adorable! I love the bling. Great coloring job! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Lin said...

Can't beat a nice LOV stamp. They are one of my favourite ranges for cute. You have coloured him to perfection and love you plain background. Makes him really stand out.

Lin xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Vix, really love this card, your little image is gorgeous, beautifully coloured

seems like there are a few clean and simple themes going on at the mo...lol

Thanks for joining SCSC Clean and simple theme this week and good luck
x
Vicky

LeAnne said...

Adorable! Thanks for playing with us this week at PP!

crafty amy said...

This is brilliant he is just too cute and as always your colouring is perfect!

Hugs

Amy xx

Kendra said...

Awww! This is so sweet! Great Christmas card! Thanks for playing at SSDS!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

so cute, love your coloring! thanks for joining us at CSSC :>

stampingmarianne said...

What a cute bear! And great coloring!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
marianne

Kleeblatt said...

Wonderful card. Your image is so beautiful. I love it.
Thank you for joining us at CSSC this week.
Hope to see you for our special challenge on the 19th September our Cards For Soldiers!!!

Monika

Made by Mandy said...

Gorgeous image, I can see why you love it so much. Once again your colouring is fabulous and your CAS card is just lovely