Saturday 4 September 2010

Alter Ego

I've been admiring these digis from Kenny K for a while and finally succumbed last week. I thought these two went well together like a night and day version or alter ego. At the front the all american sweetheart with what she really wishes to be behind her (thats my interpretaton anyhow lol!)

They are Vikki Lee Vicious and Rock Chick by Kenny K which I've used paint shop pro to merge (I've wrote a tutorial here how to do it n PSP) Images are coloured with promarkers and details have been added with my trusty quickie glue pen - silver foil on the buckles, earrings, guitar and I've used a clear sakura stardust pen on the rock chick only to gve her some sparkle which you can see clearer in the bottom two pics. Wording is a dymo and pink paper is from DCWV rockstar stack.
When was colouring this I constantly had a song I dont actually know in my head but it goes "She was an american girl" and its the bit in silence of the lambs which the senators daughter is singing in her car. (Google tells me its American Girl by Tom Petty!)

Entering into...

Kenny K - Music

Charisma - Inspired by a song (American Girl - Tom Petty)





17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Vix....Love how you overlayed them, gorgeous colouring as ever

Fantastic, love this card so much
x
Vicky

Jane said...

Ah! Brilliant...love that original way of putting a sentiment!!

Vicky said...

Love this card Vicky its lush I love Kenny K images & they are fab to colours with the PM's. Thanks for putting the tutorial on I'm gonna have a peeskie at that later.

Hugs Vicky xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow what a stunning card, awesome colouirng, sue,x

Jackie said...

What an amazing card, love where you are coming from on this... now thats creativity ! beautifully coloured and love all the little extras. Thank you for sharing and playing along at KKKGC this week . Jackie x

Wishcraft said...

Oh fab card Vix! Great idea with the 2 images and I love how you've coloured them :o) Lisa x

Juls said...

brilliant! such a fun project! Hugs Juls

LisaVeronica said...

LÖV IT! ♥

Renate said...

I love this card. What a fun way to elt these two lovely ladies together!

Have a great evening. Hugs from Renate

lis-m said...

this is awesome .. you have so much talent !! blown away ! xx

Dotpat said...

Love it Vix, love the way you have merged them too

Debbie Dolphin said...

wow vix-absolutely love them. love how you merged them.
ive never attempted a digi
love debbie xxxxx

Cor* said...

You are brilliant! These images totally rock the house down girl! Wicked FAB. Great coloring and all the deets.....wowzas!! WTG for caving on the images!

Cor* said...

New blog look too.....yes? Or am i just a lamo that doesn't pay attn to detail! Sometimes I'm bad like that.

Lin said...

Very clever idea to put these particular two together. Love the way you used the colours to denote the good and the not so good girl!

Lin xx

crafty amy said...

Oooooh I LOVE it! This is amazing hun they work so perfectly together and that ticker tape is the best :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Sharon said...

A stunning combination. Absolutely fab. Love the alter ego theme. Fabulous colouring skills. hugs Sharon x