Tuesday 20 October 2009

Works in progress

No new cards today instead I have been colouring in images to make into quick cards for Shells cards for the troops drive. I have so far coloured in Mo Mannings Kai in the Snow 16 TIMES! Lol lol! After that I unwound by doing some blending using dewdrop craftz Butterfly Swirl digiz. This is absolutely perfect to take your blending skills a step further. If you're anything like me and feeeeeel the neeeeeeeed to challenge yourself then look no further than this fab fab fabulous digiz. Can't wait to get them made up into cards with the starburst stains (of course!) to really set them off.

I'm also itching to play more with the Tracy Coates Butterfly Beauties set I just got and the mini brayer I bought at Port Sunny (still in the bag *blush*)

Anyway must prioritise and Shell's cards are first then who knows where I'll go next lol!

Here's a sneak peek before they all get made up into cards. The butterfly swirl I've done a blue/green one and a pink/purple one and they are sooooo relaxing. Sometimes you're not sure which bit is the hair or the wings but it doesn't matter one jot so long as you have fun :)
They're all done in promarkers. I'm thinking of another tutorial using this stamp as the colours aren't close as per the chart but they blend very well regardless.




And here's a couple of Kai in the snow. I've done 16 of them all slightly different (I think lol!) I like the pink and white one the best which I used the copic spica clear pen on the white bit so its all sparkly but prob wont show for the camera so I put a pink/green one on instead.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I love your coloring. I can't wait to learn how to color, blend,and shade like that.

The image is beautiful, gonna look for it online (not like i have money to shop lol). Can't wait for the card version.

Hugs
Donna J

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous images and coloured perfectly, esp those butterfly fairies. I had to get me it, so just been and bought it, however, I feel really intimidated by it lol... Maybe I will give it ago, or just admire yours from time to time lol... Love Kai, esp as you've made him a wee girly too!

Hugs

Kimmi x

Anonymous said...

Vix,

WOW WOW WOW.I love your colouring and that swirling butterfly image is amazing!!!!!!! Have to get that one.

Thank you so much for being part of my cards for troops drive. Means so much

THANK YOU, SHELL x

PS...did I say WOW!!!!!

Sheila said...

Fabberoony darlin..stunning as always.
Hugs
Sheila xx