Sunday 4 October 2009

I don't do Christmas bah humbug!

OK OK I know I said I wasn't making any Christmas cards this year. I've done it for the last 6 years and I get to know more and more crafty people every year and oh god no! I can't face making christmas cards again haha! Seriously! I will be making *some* to post to various groups but they will be donated to the local church group.
I wasn't going to make any until that pesky Mo Manning came up with this one!

I also seem to have resolved the printer ink issue! I've printed this onto SU whisper white which is brilliant for ink and rubber stamping but not very good with digis. I got some new ink carts and tried them out on the SU and no bleed yippeeee!

Anyway what am I entering this for....

Passion for Promarkers - Cool Aqua, Apricot and a flower.
I don't have apricot yet so have used honeycomb on the hair (which means I cant get the prize but hey ho!)

Creative Card Crew - All that sparkles

My Time to Craft - Snow Buddies

A Spoonful of Sugar - Christmas

Image is of course Pesky Mo Manning called Christmas Fairy Holly. She's coloured with promarkers using mainly cool aqua, blue pearl and sky blue. Pastel green, mint green, emerald and pine for the leaves, almond, blush and vanilla for the skin, vanilla, honeycomb and chestnut for the hair. She's mounted on starburst stains in tibetian poppy teal and the background cuttlebug embissed are also starburst stains. I coloured the snowglobe, edge of holly, the flowers and around the edge of the image with shimmerz pixie dust and added some xmas confetti to corners and flower centres.

Thanks for looking!






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't do Christmas either Vix, I craft too slow so it would take me a year to make them.
Love your image, Mo has some wonderful ones that I hope to get the chance to make a card with.

Your card is great, I love your colouring too...
x
Vicky

Sheila said...

Ooohhhh she's well lush hun, I love the colours you've done her in.. you making me want to go to JS and put even more PM's in my basket... love the colours in her hair... just stunning Hun..love it.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Wiccababe said...

wow, stunning colouring, and a gorgeous card
Debbi
xx

Suzanne said...

Wow this is totaly stunning and Mo's images are to die for!!Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Sue :o)

made by fifi said...

great card - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge this week xx

csroyal said...

Gorgeous card! Very pretty!

Michele Roos said...

WOW this is just gorgeous. Love the image you've used and the colouring is just amazing. Hugs Michele x

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Lovely image. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx