Monday 19 October 2009

Crafty Cardmakers 6 Autumn DT

A quick note from my friend Shell over at Challenge Addict. Shell is collecting cards for our troops in Afghanistan to send back home to their loved ones so if you have any spare particularly xmas cards pop over to Shells blog for details.

This is my DT entry for Crafty Cardmakers challenge 6 - Autumn!
I also used the sketch from Passion for Promarkers so I'm entering that too. Lisa on our team also used the sketch which made me laugh when I received her card, great minds hunny!

Its a gatefold card which I'm quite enjoying doing at the moment! Outside panels are starburst stains in cocoa bean coffee and Cathedral pines green. The flower is a lollipop flower made from various scraps of starburst stains I have around. I embossed the panels with the divine swirls embossing folder.


The inside the panels are cathedral pines green which I debossed (turned the card back to front) Added some punched flowers and leaves from the SS scraps. Background paper is starburst stains in reds, oranges and brown. Image is Rian by Elisabeth Bell coloured with promarkers.

Skin: Blush, baby pink, vanilla, oatmeal
Jeans: Vanilla, sandstone, Cinnamon, cocoa
Wood: Almond, sandstone, cinnamon, chestnut, henna
Clothes: Buttercup, gold, honeycomb
Grass: Lime zest, pear green, marsh green


Around the edge of the image I've used a stampscapes oak tree branch stamp. Firstly I used versamagic in aloe vera going quite far into the image. Moved the stamp further back and did a layer of hint of pesto which is darker green then moved towards the edge and stamped in brilliance coffee bean. This gives a sense of depth.



Thanks for looking and I appreciate your comments x

15 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Wow what a beautiful card. Love the image and your colouring is fab. Great idea to stamp around the image in different colours - it really pops. Great papers and love the gatefold style card. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Rose said...

Your card is just spectacular Vix! All the work you put into this really shows. The handmade flower and the way you colored your adorable image! Just amazing!

Wiccababe said...

fabulous colouring and a gorgeous card
thanks for joining in at PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Josephine said...

Beautiful card, Vix. I especially liked how you gave the stamped image that sense of depth.

The Stamp Man said...

Another lovely card Vix!

Jill x

Anonymous said...

Hi Vix , this is lovely, I love the image but love what you did with the background more....
love,love,love that stamp.
Fab card ;o)
x
Vicky
ps just a bit curious, I have sent you an email

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Vix, I love the image you have used :) the stamping around the edge brings the card to life

Thanks for joining in at PFP this week

Hugs Gina xxx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Vix. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Made by Mandy said...

Wow !!!

Love the stamping around the image, it has made such depth to it.

What a beautiful card, I loves it xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The framing is fabulous too.

MarkerGeek said...

This is fab, Vix!!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card, great flower and love the image
Clairex

Alison said...

Beautiful card
Love the image

Alison

Wishcraft said...

I really love how you've stamped the background on this one Vix, it looks amazing - fabulous card! :o) Lisa x

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous colours Vix. That image is so sweet. Lovely layout and the way the card opens is fabulous. Thanks for having me as a GD :D

HUgs

Kimmi x