Tuesday 1 June 2010

Jill said "Hey Vix, how'd you fancy...."

Jill from The Stampman likes to challenge her brood from time to time and this time as I was helping pack up following Port Sunny Jill says, "Hey Vix, how'd you fancy having a play with this?" and hands me a packet. The packet is some 12x12 sheets of Claudine Hellmuth sticky back CANVAS. Canvas I ask you!! Jill says maybe play with your starburst stains offering some helpful advice....


Yesterday I had a bit of a rampage and tidy up and I like feeling new and fresh around the house and I took out a sheet of this sticky back canvas and thought Hmmmm, hmmmm. Had a quick flick round some challenges to inspire me and decided I wanted to use my promarkers but not only that to colour "The Eyes" in skin tones as well I'm challenging myself using something new so I think I'm pretty good at colouring The Eyes in greyscale and have never actually tried it regular colours yet. Now to do The Eyes the way I do it requires a huge amount of the blender so this was no different only normally I use whisper white cardstock which lets the colours float around a bit so I can manipulate them, on canvas it doesn't, put a promarker on and it spreads like wildfire so I just adjust the way I colour to allow for the different surface. Its quite stiff so you can punch it and shape it too so watch this space for more playing with it!

And as I was in one of "those" moods I also made the background with luna lights paints I've had forever and overstamped with one of the bubbles stamps from the same set as the eyes (Alluring Ladies by Tracey Coates available at The Stampman)
I was actually going to layer and whatnot but once I'd done the stamping on the luna lights background I thought it looked quite sweet as is :)

So the image is indeed coloured with Promarkers on canvas using the blender pen and also some help from adirondack blending solution, I've also used sakura stardust pens in black and clear and smudged them. The flower is made from leftover luna light background and moonshadow ink punched out and I've used a Martha Stewart punch on some white card sprayed with iridescent gold glimmer mist. Added some sparkly hearts and gems (the hearts are from the papermill)

So Jill did I pass the challenge (Blows raspberry!)

Entering into...

Sir Stampalot - Punch It
Mixed Media Monday - Personal symbols & myths
One Stitch at a time - Something new
Crafty Creations - Favourite Stamp





22 comments:

Debs said...

WOW chick..amazing!!..i am lost for words..gonna have to look at it again :-)

Debs x

chris said...

blown away, thats what I is!!
No seriously this is so so beautiful ,your artwork is amazing.
thanks for taking part in the sir Stampalot challenge.
hugs chris xx

Juls said...

wow this is stunning!!! The canvas look is just beautiful...think I might have to get me some!! Love the striking colour combo, this is such a masterpiece!! Hugs Juls

Sandy said...

OMG this is absolutely beautiful.
So fantastic painting. Very impressive. Love it.

The Stamp Man said...

Oh, you've definitely passed your challenge Vix, yet again with flying colours! I never doubted that you would, as Debs said, amazing, as Chris said, so so beautiful, as Juls said stunning. It really is a masterpiece, fantastic work me dear!!! I'll have to think of something else to challenge you with now:)

Rachel said...

WOW this is stunning! It looks a bit like pastels :) Rachel xx

Lori Saul said...

Very beautiful work - so full of expression! A great mixed media art piece. I look forward to visiting your blog again!

Tammy said...

I am in all of the way you color. Just beautiful. Thanks for playing this week over at OSAAT.
smiles...Tammy

Dotpat said...

Vix it is gorgeous absolutly love it

Tracy said...

Totally Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s Challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

pinky said...

So unusual, but gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

cheryl said...

wow love this just amazing wonderful effect love it
thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Dana C (KyStamper) said...

Absolutely beautiful !!
Dana

shelly said...

wow and wow again...a gorgeous piece of artwork. thank you so much for sharing in my challenge at craftycreations. shelly

Hermine said...

Absolutely gorgeous, very strong design

Sally H said...

Fabulous punching and wonderful colouring - love those eyes! Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot and good luck!

brenda said...

Hi Vix

What a stunning creation, your colouring is brilliant and all in all a great piece of artwork.

Thanks for joining us at Stampalot Challenge and good luck.

B x

Francesca said...

What a wonderful card , I love the colours.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck!.

Hugs
Francesca

Diane said...

This is really beautiful! Diane

stitchy said...

Ya know Vix, this is right up my alley, this is so amazing, I wanted to do a stamp of just eyes, but I didn't think anyone would use it, now look at this, just gorgeous hun, dang you are so very talented...

stitch xoxox

Spyder said...

Lovely card, Iknow someone who would love this as a birthday card, great detail, Thank you for joining OSAAT's 'New' Challenge, the next challenge starts any minute now!!
(Lyn)

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I love this card and the stamp, which has now come to live at my house!! S xxx