Monday 14 December 2009

Crafty Cardmakers 10 DT - A Sketch

Jenny has made us a lovely little sketch this time on Crafty Cardmakers which I did enjoy working with indeed! Our special guest for the challenge is Debbie Dolphin who has some wonderful work on her blog. Pop over for a peek as she has some lovely varied work on there.
For this sketch I used an image by The Greeting Farm called Summer Fairy. I bought that and the Autumn one, I didn't buy the set because, well Sue from Crafters Corner is probably having a chuckle as she knows why lol!
I coloured her with promarkers and much use of the blender for lighter shades and a copic spica glitter pen on the wings then used heritage shimmer ink in light and mid blue around the image and edges then very gently with a black brilliance blending in towards the centre. This was mounted on silver paper.

The image itself holds a flower so I've added a flora doodles one with a large bead cap, a spacer and a crystal gem brad through the centre to add more dimension with 2 small chains and a glass heart bead and made with love charm. (Tip: If you struggle to get the brad through the bead caps give it a nip with a cropodile or very gently twist the brad till it goes through)

The 4 squares backing paper is a printout from Bearly Mine designs - Designer extreme vol 3 and I added a square of blue card beneath the circle that matches the base card and stamped around the corners with a star stamp using white stazon (Doesnt show up well in the pic) from Tracey Coates' butterfly beauties sheet. The sentiment is from Tracey's Starburst Fairies.

I'm also going to enter this into Quixotic Paperie challenge which is Stars (They are there on the corners of the blue square)



9 comments:

Sheila said...

LOL!!! great minds think alike hunny, I've just finished colouring this little beauty too :).
She's fabulous hun.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Juls said...

wow!! Just beautiful! Your colouring is amazing!! love it!!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is adorable, BEAUTIFUL coloring!

Neet said...

She is lovely. Your colouring is fab.

Martine said...

this is beautiful sweetie, gorgeous papers and embellies and such a sweet image, thanks so much for joining us over on quixotic challenges this week :)

xx

Martine

MarkerGeek said...

Gorgeous!!

Thank you for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!

Anonymous said...

I am loving this one Vix, I really like the pastel colour's and you have done a fab job with the image.

x
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Hi Vix, Just wanted to let you know Mr postmas delivered my parcel today, so I read the instruction's and have been having a play all morning.
I am just taking baby step's with them right now, though I have nicked the salt from the kitchen to try that teqnique.
You really must do some more tutorial's on your blog Vix as I am sure with your love for these beauties, you must have load's of idea's...
Thank you again for these fantastic goodies, I hope you like what I come up with using them...
Have a wonderful christmas and new year, and I will be in touch soon...
x
Vicky

Debbie Harris said...

Your blog is so inspirational, thanks for sharing with us! I have an award for you on my blog. Have a wonderful Christmas! xxx