Sunday 11 May 2008

New toys!

I went to the Port Sunlight show yesterday and got new toys yay! Sir Stampalot was there with a big range of Magnolias so I got 3 new Tildas and some magnolia accessory stamps, a new cuttlebug embossing folder, some flowers and new distress inkpads. I saw a tutorial on Marlene's blog about colouring using distress inkpads so thought I'd give it a whirl (at 3am when I was up pottering!)





This is one I made for the Opposites attract swap on Crafty Cardmaking, the idea being you use 2 dominant colours that are opposite each other on the colour wheel, I chose Blue & Orange.


Tilda is coloured using distress inkapds in tattered rose for the skin tones, vintage photo for the hair, basket, signpost and boots, peeled paint for the grass, faded jeans for the jeans and spiced marmalade for the top. The grass line is hand drawn and the blue sky I sponged on Moonglow starburst stains in azure sea asters. The card background is cuttlebug then I daubed on starburst stains in glory of the sea gold (which looks yellowy orange) I filled the basket using flowersoft to give some dimension. This one is going to Spain hence the signpost!


2 comments:

Annapurna said...

Ooh the flowersoft and new magnolias. What could be better. Love the colors and the card!

Annie said...

lots of great techniques on your card. I do like the flower soft idea and must get some to give this idea a go.