Sunday 13 April 2008

And now a change of style :)

The good thing about swaps and challenges is that you're often pushed to create something outside your usual comfort zone.
Stace asked for "Pink, fluffy & preferrably playboy"

She wouldnt let me do a magnolia on the grounds of them being "too cute" humph! So had to have a think about this one as Zoe is her Bezzie! Got some naked chipboard letters and wanted them glossy black so had a root and found some silver tinsel embossing powder which is black with silver flecks. Nah I thought, I want pink flecks so got out some hot pink glitter & mixed some into some black EP. When it was heated the pink disappeared and in its place was a dazzling array of colours! Basically kaleidoscope embossing powder in that it changes colour depending on how much you heat it. I did 2 layers of that and 2 layers of UTEE to make it really glossy. The playboy bunny I made by printing a template off the net and cutting out one then another in reverse. Its a spinner card so that the bunny spins round hense why its double sided. The embossing on the card is cuttlebug divine swirls :)


Next up is a card I made for my good friend Sylvia off the yahoo group. The stamp is from a plate by simple expressions called The Orient (Available from http://www.katyscorner.org.uk/) and it's embossed in moonglow midnight obsidian EP. The background to the stamp is made with moonglow starburst stains and gesso.

This one's a tad out of focus sorry. I cut off 2/3rd of the card and added a panel of acetate then a strip of matching paper at the bottom. The images are peel offs I've coloured with sakura souffle and added stickles glitter glue over the top.




6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Those are all cute. I especially like the last one with the shoes. Love the acetate!

MelissaS said...

Love the gold embossed shoes. Reminds me of the Elton John concert I just saw in Las Vegas!

Unknown said...

Oh they are all so different...it is really hard to do that...great job. I love the playboy bunny one, absolutely perfect!

Ruby Claire said...

WOW they are all so beautiful!!
Great work!
Im sure they cant wait to receive them! :)
xx

Annapurna said...

I love the way you made the bunny with the dimensions. Cool cards. Great idea with putting the peel offs on transparency

Liz said...

Fab card Vix! The playboy bunny card is my favourite :D

Liz x