Friday 5 March 2010

Sweet Green Pea

Been spoilt for choice today with these and I actually went for this one first because there was lots of skin to colour :D
The stamp is called "Come Softly" by Sweet Pea Stamps and I've made it special for Alison - Cockney Blonde as she's always leaving me lots of nice comments and encouragement so I wanted to do one with various examples of blending she can have an up close and personal looksie at :)

Image was coloured with promarkers using:

Skin - Ivory, blush, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
Hair - Pastel Green, soft green, mint green with emerald on the swirly bits
Butterfly - Meadow green, leaf green, grass & Emerald and Pale pink, carnation pink & cerise
Eyes - Meadow green, grass & Emerald then glazed with dimensional magic.

The flowers at the bottom were white but I soaked them with the blender on the bottom layer then dabbed a dot of soft green on then touched the blender on again, this spreads the colour down. I've made the butterfly 3d and added some glamour dust to the wing spots.

Background DP is unknown but I've been itching to use it since Helen gave it to me! Thought the swirls fitted in nicely and I also used my corner adourner for the frame (after looking for it for an hour then finding it EXACTLY where I thought it was in the first place!)

Entering this into:

Crafty Catz - Green
The Pink Elephant - Green
Simon says Stamp - Girly
Stamp Something - Girly
Quixotic Paperie - Leaves
Stamp Simply - Punched borders (Pink horizontal border is punched with fiskars scallop punch)
Cooking it up with Katie - 3d (Butterfly is 3d)
Flutterby Wednesday - Tinkerbell inspired (Picked out green & pink)




16 comments:

Juls said...

just stunning!! Love your colouring!! And I love the contrast of the pink frame! such a work of art! Hugs Juls

Chelsea said...

Oh My, I love this so much! Absolutely stunning piece. ~Chelsea

Katie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
I colored my 1st Sweet Pea image today but it's not as wonderfula s yours.
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Angela said...

This is just beautiful!!! And I know she will love this!! Love the colors you chose!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Pamela said...

Beautiful card and lovely colours. Stunning. Still patiently waiting for my Sweet Pea stamps.
Pam x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh my goodness, your blog is amazing hunny with so many gorgeous cards, have been looking through it for the last 5 minutes and ooohing and aaaahhhing over your marvellous sweet pea creations, they are all gorgeous hunny. Will be following you from now on so i dont miss anything!! have a great weekend, and thank you for the inspiration, hugs Linda x

Teresa said...

The colours you have used are fantastic your card is so eye catching,the frame is great too.
Teresa xx

carol said...

your card is fantastic, love the detail, thanks for joining in with CC x carol

Dana C (KyStamper) said...

Absolutely beautiful !!

Lorraine A said...

oohh this is absolutely gorgeous ! The image is beautiful and the papers and embellies are just perfect ! Your colouring is fantastic ! :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Josephine said...

Gorgeous colours, and the neutral background just makes them stand out so beautifully.

I'd love some of these stamps too - but there are too many things I want at the moment!

Davi said...

Wow this is really beautiful!. That image is really wonderful and the colors and all the details are fabulous.

Birgit said...

You could frame this and hang it on a wall! It is so pretty and I love the colouring and how you shaded everything-just lovely

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card, love the frame and your colouring is fab.Thanx for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
(hugs)
Trish (-: