Monday 29 March 2010

And now the Steasel!

I've no idea where my mind takes me some days and on Friday it went towards a see through easel (STEasel!) I got to this as I wanted to use the fabulous new heart stamp from the "Artistic Elements" sheet designed by Tracey Coates available from The Stampman. As I'd been tinkering with glitter this week I thought back to the glitter acetate cards which were popular once upon a time so wanted to incorporate that with a more modern design (the easel) and my own spin - The Steasel.

I've stamped the image with stazon onto acetate and used a clear glaze on the back and glitters. The backing paper is one I've made myself (destructions a little further down the post)
I also used a key and a sentiment from the same plate (Artistic Elements) stamped and embossed with detail white embossing powder.

The easel itself is made as normal and pieces cut out on the back bit. I added some extra card to strengthen it. The silver dots are "Nailheads" which come as a strip you cn cut down to however many you want, I absolutely love them!

Oooh whilst I'm here, check out my teamies blog - Debbie Dolphin She's got some great designs on there and has also got the front cover of Craft Stamper mag this month with her easel card woo hoo! Well done Debbie x








And the background. I wanted a dotty one and to play with my starburst stains so I chose the Black Orchid Silver and painted a base coat of this onto a piece of card and whilst still wet I dropped some distress reinker (red brick) on it. If you vary the height you drop it at it will affect how big a circle you get.




24 comments:

Crafteezee said...

Wow Hun, stunning. Alot of work has gone into this, whose the lucky recipient? Love the red and black, very dynamic! Hugs Tracy x

Unknown said...

This is stunniing vix, has to be my fav, of yours so far, clever idea with the inks xx

Teresa said...

This is fantastic Vix I love it like Tracy said a lot of hard work but a brilliant effectand result.
Luv Teresa xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

fabulous vix.loving your steasel.great idea with the acetate and inks.you clever girly xx
debbie xxx

paola said...

Great take on the easel with a twist you are a right geneass.
smiles
Paola

Carol Q said...

ooh this is utterly fab. what a great play on an easel card. love the grungy feel to it.

Crafters Corner said...

All I can say is - WOWWWWWWW!

Juls said...

WOW WOW WOW and double WOW.......Oh my word this is just utterly amazing!!! Love how you have used the Acetate!!! My absolute Fav colour combo, and I love the whole rock chick look and the added bling!!!!! So inspirational, thanks for sharing!! Hugs Juls

cockney blonde said...

You are so inventive Vix. I love this take on the Easel card. You have made a fantastic job of it, x

Leah l'Orange said...

oh.
my.
GOOMIE.

Vix - this is absolutely GORGEOUS and i want to make one - LOVE how the transparency totally changes the entire feel of the easel card. you are SO imaginative!

Anonymous said...

You have had a lot going on lately....
well done with the Promarker's DT...So well deserved...

I love all your samples with Tracey's new stamp's....you really are thinking outside the box....
Totally Original and just stunning...

You go Girl...

Since joining FB I haven't had chance to speak to you yet...but I will...
When I figure it all out....lol.
x
Vicky

Bee and Dee said...

Really really clever idea Bee and Dee

Dotpat said...

Love it Vix you have some brill ideas, keep em coming

The Stamp Man said...

I was spoilt with a little sneaky peek at this latest creation from Vix the other day and I was amazed at the idea she had, where does her brain go???

What a totally fabulous brain train of ideas she is moving on... I want to hop on, honestly Vix, I agree with what someone said earlier, I think this is your best innotive idea so far, (setting aside all your brilliance and skill with promarkers and Starburst Stains, of course!)

Your attention to detail with your new idea, the layout, the flower embellishments, the colours etc, it's all SO spot on!!!

I think your have more than fulfilled that challenge I gave you with the Japanese Gardens Starburst Stain set!

Sexy, stunning and so inspired! I hope you are going to give this to your OH!!

Brilliant work Vix!!!

Jill x

Anonymous said...

STunning, lol. Blast that Tracey Coates coming up with yet more MUST HAVE stamps, xx

Amanda said...

This is fabulous!!! Great card!

Angela said...

Oh My Gosh!! WOW,WOW and another Wow!!! Vix this is just STUNNING, GORGEOUS, BEAUTIFUL!! Did I miss any words?? I love this and you put alot of work into this and it shows!! JUST STUNNING!!
HUGS:)
Angela

Sarah said...

WOW this is stunning, I set a mini challenge on DC to make a card using acetate, gotta show them this! Sarah x

Mirabelka said...

wow! that's so innovative and marvellous!!!

LisaVeronica said...

awesome card! u are a real pro! =)

Grenouille Greetings said...

WOW! I am so enjoying my journey through your blog. I'm sorry I haven't commented on everything - I could easily have done so (as everything is deserving) but time is an issue. This, however, is magnificent! Beautiful! Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. Warmest wishes, Lesley

Marion said...

Stunned into silence. (First time ever!).

Marion

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Wow! I am lost for words to describe this card, it is sophisticated, stunning and truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs julie

Sylvia x said...

Stunning with a capital S...thank you for the tutorial

Sylvia xx