Saturday 5 February 2011

There's a STORM coming!

Oh yes there is most definately a Storm coming!  That is a Mr Storm Lee!  Now some of you won't have a clue who I'm talking about, others may vaguely remember him but a band of us known affectionately as The Stormtroopers are big fans of a certain Storm Lee who appeared on this years X Factor.  He got stick off Simon for his name, the other judges stuck up for him, his first auditon is here.  He sailled through Boot Camp (and what a performance he gave there, you can see that one here!)  If you look closely you can see Simon nodding along although he doesn't want to admit it hehe!  He then went through the judges houses phase and gets better and better!  Great version of I cant live here

Unfortunately Storm got Louis Walsh as his mentor who saw fit to dye his hair bright red and cover him in make up :/  He left on week 2 - completely robbed!  He has such a lovely voice!

Anyway who needs the X Factor, churn them up and spit them out!  All the other contestants who left X Factor did a mad dash of christmas light switch ons and shopping centre and tacky nightclub performances, Storm on the other hand could be found doing benefit gigs for The Trevor Project  He is staunchly anti-bullying, cares about his friends and fans, he has a good heart and thats the reason I like him and that sets him apart from the others.  He's taken the time to chat with me so I know he's a good man and isn't false like many other celebs.  Having been someone who was bullied simply because of my name I really paid attention to Storm on X Factor.  I've actually changed my name ((counting...) twice by deed poll and once by marriage such was the effect it had.  Now you know me I don't talk personal stuff much but I will stand by Storm particularly given his anti-bullying stance so thought I'd tell you all about him!

Storm had an album out but it had to be pulled for the X Factor but now he's going to re-release it on itunes!  Soulfillapopkilla is a collection of 11 awesome tunes including covers of Heart of Glass and Never can say goodbye (Storm style of course!)  But the one to watch (or listen to on repeat like I do lol!) is the amazing BEAUTIFUL BLUE.  Go listen, you'll love it! 

So as an Ode to Storm I've made a little Art Deco, in Beautiful Blue of course! 

I started with the background, the lightning bolts (which are actually a piss take of Simon Cowell) were masked then I've airbrushed with a promarker letrajet in shades of blue and black leaving a central shine point.  The image started life as a photo below then I used some filters in paintshop pro to alter it so I could colour it and its also done in promarkers with some black pencil to add a deeper shade.  I've overstamped with brilliance ink and voila my Ode to Storm :)


And I got a signed copy of Storms album too!  I've actually listened to it waaaaaay more times than my Take That one, you can hear it here, go on, I promise its *really* good!  This is mine all mine whoop whoop!


So thanks for reading, took me ages to write! Hope you check out a fellow artist! Soulfillapopkilla re-release date 1st March 2011

I'd like to enter my art deco into....

9 comments:

Jane said...

You is One talented Lady!!!xx

Karen said...

Brilliant Vix, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Juls said...

this is amazing! Hugs Juls

Anne-Marie said...

Totally agree with EVERYTHING you said!! Well done, you....and the art is awesome!

cockney blonde said...

Love the artwork Vix and really enjoyed reading your post. I sure can relate to some of that too. I'll try and email you privately soon as I still owe you a reply to your last email to me, x

Céline said...

fab cards
thanks for playing with us this week at stamptacular sunday
hugs
céline

Lorraine said...

Yay! Storm. I thought he was good too, Vix. Your card is brilliant..such a clever bunny you are. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Gem said...

gorgeous creation! thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

Deanette said...

Very nice Vix, nice detail! Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Cards this week!