Monday 22 March 2010

Crafty Cardmakers 17 DT - Spring into Spring

And its time again for another challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers! We have cardmaking ROYALTY in the house this week. Oooooh you'll have to pop over and see who's special guesting for us but we're all really nervous, we even gave the blog a lick of paint and tidied up before she came! This is one thing I love about blogging, there are so many people willing to help out where they can and especially with our challenge blog which is designed for newer cardmakers and bloggers to find their feet and its so nice that people take the time to share :)

I was late putting my card on today which is a first because I went to upload it from my camera last night only to find my camera had gone AWOL!!! DD1 had asked me earlier on yesterday if she could borrow it for Blackpool today, I ummed and ahhed as I dont like anyone borrowing it as I'm so reliant on it so when evening came she'd disappeared along with my camera eeeek!

Anyway its here now and the challenge is Spring into Spring! I chose a green and yellow colour combo as my interpretation of spring. Judie knows what my interpretation is and is probably having a right old chuckle!

I had a delivery from Sheenie Towers on Friday as my OH had got me a voucher for mothers day so thought I'd give my newest promarkers a whirl. I also got one of the Prima wildflowers pillar packs and gosh these are LOVELY! I'm so impressed with mine :D I'm still rubbish at flower embellishments unless I'm physically looking at Tab Robinsons blog! If my flower arrangement looks quite good and is glamour dusted you can put money on I've been stood in the kitchen with Tab's blog open on my blackberry!

I followed the sketch from Passion for promarkers this week and coloured using promarkers in the following:

Skin - Ivory, blush, vanilla, saffron, pastel pink (oooh a change!) Digressing a bit here but do other peope change their usual colour choice or style depending on the brand of stamp? I tend to do magnolias a lot more pinker so go heavier with the blush....

Sorry lol! Hair, I used my new ones for this, vanilla as the light and the new tan and caramel this time with cocoa for the shade.

Clothes - Primrose, buttercup, pastel yellow and the teesiest touch of gold and I put some ice grey 3 on too.

Jeans are Soft lime, lime zest, lime green with marsh as the shadow.

The flowers in her hair are coloured with yellow and orange sakura stardust pens.

Entering this into Passion for Promarkers - Sketch

9 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Vixykins, what a beautiful card. Your image is so sweet and your colouring is awesome. Gorgeous papers and love the colour scheme you've chosen. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Wiccababe said...

absolutely gorgeous card, fantastic colouring
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Anonymous said...

Well worth the wait Vix, this is much more spring like than mine...
Beautiful colouring and embelished, I havent got any flowers like that...must keep an eye out at the NEC on Thursday...

Beautiful card !!!
x
Vicky

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, sweet Tilda and pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Dotpat said...

Another gorgeous card Vix, just love your colouring

Neet said...

Beautiful! Just in awe of your colouring (I'm always saying that but it is true) and am so pleased that I now have a Vix original.

Jane said...

Hi there! what a lovely card, and fabulous colouring. i am new to promarkers and trying to learn how to use them. i have bought a few sets but i am wondering how to get individual pens. Any suggestions? thanks Jane

Vixykins said...

Hi Jane, I cant contact you directly so hope you read. I buy singles from Joanna Sheen - www.joannasheen.com

She stocks all the sets and singles and is free P&P over £5 worldwide.

Jane said...

Hi there! thanks for your post about single promarkers! i will now have to be firm and not buy myself them all! Thanks Jane