Friday 1 February 2008

Circle Oriental

We're back from Puddleducks, Eefie really enjoys the water so we'll start going to other swimming classes too in a couple of weeks. Its absolutely blowing a gale and hailstones. Where is the snow!!!! We havent had any yet *pout*




Anyway thought I'd show a card I made recently. This one is for the Orient Express exchange on the yahoo group. I've seen these circle cards being sold and just think "why???" use a compass and a pair of scissors! I've also been making keyrings from stampbord so the lady I made this card for got a bonus matching keyring as I wanted to practice.
I started with a plain white circle of white card then sponged on Dee Gruenigs Shades of orange ink then heat set it to stop the embossing powder sticking. Next I've stamped on the oriental girl using versamark and moonglow embossing powder in midnight copper. The stamp is from a plate by Simple expressions called the orient available from Katy's Corner Next I've stamped the willow or whatever it is in versamark and embossed with moonglow midnight emerald EP then I've stipled krylon gold around the edge. The flower in her hair is a peel off with a crystal in the centre. The card background is some oriental backing paper I got ages ago in my LCS and I've tied red raffia on it. Also edged the card with krylon.




No comments: