Thursday 31 January 2008

Magnolias et al

Been having a good run with some cards this week as chunky munky has been amusing himself a bit more and not permanently gluing himself to my leg!

I got a couple of magnolia stamps, have seen these on various blogs and like them, they're sooo cute!

This was my first go. I couldn't find a flesh coloured water pencil so used a marvy pen instead which made the skin tones a bit dark & streaky.






Next I did a swap card for the Yahoo cardmaking group, the theme is bring me sunshine hense the oranges and yellows. The background is a sunrise/sunset stamp I recently bought for 20p! I stamped it with versamark then brushed with aztec gold pearlex. I found my flesh coloured water pencil by then....






It was DD's birthday last week and I recently bought a nice little scrapbook kit from QVC Outlet by All my memories which had some pink and brown bazzil in. I already had some matching great big brads and the bow I made by sticking 2 bows back to back then putting the brad through.




Last but not least is DS's birthday card. I put PVA glue on the chipboard letters then added holographic gold glitter. I did have a chipboard number 1 somewhere but couldnt find it so replaced it with the one on the ballooon. I've since found the chipboard 1 so might rejig this a bit so its how I originally planned as I dont like the gap.



1 comment:

Claire aka Feline said...

Hello Vix, I love your cards hun...my favourite is the one you made for your DD, just love that colour combination :)