Monday 10 August 2009

Crafty Cardmakers blog now open!

And here is my design for the first challenge on Crafty Cardmakers which is blossoms, to use any kind of flowers in your design :)I thought I'd go back to basics with this one and use peel offs. There are some gorgeous peel offs around and they're handy for one off cards if you dont want to fork out for a stamp. I used a vase design which came on the sheet and stuck it onto card and cut it out. I coloured it with copic markers and added some extra pansy heads with 3d foam to add more dimension. I used a separate piece of card and rubbed pink adirondack ink with some cut and dry foam and added doodles to the edges and attached the peel off. The green panel I also distressed with scissors and ink and I added extra pansy heads in the corner and knotted some ribbon to act as leaves. The ribbon was coloured with copics to match as were the gems and the peel off sentiment.

I'm a stamper through and through but I do enjoy pulling out the peel offs from time to time and showing there's more life in them than plonking them onto a card :)

1 comment:

Wishcraft said...

Great card! I have so many peel offs that I never use - I must drag them out occasionally! Lisa x